“Excellent food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Danny's Restaurant - CLOSED

Danny's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Danny's is located in Victoria St overlooking a lovely leafy park. Dinner on the balcony in summer is enjoyable, while the clear blinds and the heaters keep everyone toasty warm. Seating is also available inside. The balcony can be used for parties up to 30. The food is quite varied , there is something for everyone on our menu.
Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The menu was great. Lots of choices. Staff were exceptional. Attentive, but not overbearing. Presentation was 10 out of 10. I would go back again.

Visited August 2012

Perth, Australia
“Disappointing experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went on Australia Day and for a special birthday. Restaurant touted as top end in food and service. Promised best seat in house when booked well in advance.

Arrival - bad table right in the aisle between two halves of the restaurant and no water. We had to ask reception for a better table and water. General observation …they do not pull the chair out any more for customers to be seated or place serviettes on laps. . Paper serviettes and paper table cloth a letdown. So far so good.

Menu looked really exciting and was one where choice was difficult to make as it all looked delicious based on the description. It was however difficult to coordinate courses with one another. I needn’t have worried. The food generally did not match the promise and was on the whole very disappointing.

Entrée
Salt and Pepper Prawns. The only truly excellent dish of the night. Magnificent flavours. Dipping sauce authentically salty... Wanted more noodles! 8.5/10.

Quail wrapped in Prosciutto- Bland, bland, bland. The sauce did not get the reduction time it deserved. 6/10
Good wine.
Mains
Char Grilled Beef Fillet in red wine sauce. Presentation ordinary with mash potato lumped onto plate. Sauces again poor standard... need 10 mins more reduction. Beef however was cooked to perfection but without a good red wine sauce was bland!!! Small jug of well reduced jus would have made a huge difference to this fillet. Char grilled?? Absolutely no evidence of this. 5.5/10

Asian Style Sirloin with a master stock and seasonal vegetables. Asian master stock watery.
Where's the Star Anise? Lacked depth! As it was ... Filled the hole. Distinct bitterness in Asian master stock. 6/10

Desert
Pannacotta with cream...yum!!! Good thing I don't like cream...only a small blob to be found! Coffee sauce ... Excellent ... I hope they made it! 8/10

Australia Day ... 3 waitresses and three customers ... Still have to top up our own wine glasses!!!
Like all Australian restaurants I have found a paucity of proper training in customer service for the wait staff. In this case the prices did not reflect the experience. I could not recommend this restaurant based on my experience. $170 for 2 people + $90 for wine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank 1Linron
western australia
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent food. Friendly service. Sat outside on verandah which would be lovely on a hot summers night. Tables a little bit to close Couldn't get out of my chair until others moved away.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank kazza2904
Perth, Australia
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our second visit, 6 of us in total & everyone very happy with their meal. Would suggest a menu change in the future with a more varied dessert menu as nothing for my palate. Still lovely though

Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
“Take your time people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

As always the food was fabulous, I had the Thai oysters for entree, superb, great taste, while my wife had the scallops with duck confit, also superb, lher words not mine.
I had the Pork covered in pistachio and black pepper for mains and am still enjoying the taste, even after coffee and dessert. My wife had the lamb rump and I got to taste it, mmmmmmmmm.
The desserts were top notch as well.
Our only gripe, well two actually; we were in, served and fed in little over an hour, folks, slow it down and allow us to enjoy the great food, take a break between courses, I cannot believe we are back home in under two hours since leaving here. Secondly, a note for our waitress, don't be afraid to show a little personality, make eye contact and hold on the water refills, my bladder will surely burst sometime this evening.
We've never had a miss here with the food, just slow the pace a little and let the customer enjoy the great work of your chefs.

• Visited September 2012