“Great spot”

Discovery Parks - Koombana Bay
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed in our camper at a powered ensuite site. Nice clean site with plenty of room. Good pool & jumping pillow for kids. Top location to beach & short walk to town. Will always use this park when in bunbury

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at this park with 5 families, we had a 2 bedroom superior cabin and our friends had the deluxe 3 bedroom. They were both great but the 3 bedroom was much bigger and had better living area space. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and linen was great. All linen supplied and it was great that you could also borrow the pool towels too. The kids had a great time, they rode the pedal buggies ($8 per half hour) but then they were exhausted, they enjoyed the jumping pillow (FREE), you could hire tennis raquets/balls and even basket balls. There was a games room with pool and a tennis table and of course there was the pool. Heaps of grassy areas for kids to enjoy the outdoors while the parents relaxed around the bbq. If anything I would of like to see bigger bbq's.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stay in one of the Geograph cabins for three nights, great deal in accomodation. Cabin was lovely, clean and spacious, park was quiet. Close to beach with, nice walking tracks.No complaints, enjoyed our stay and would come again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My wife Rebecca and I tool our little family (Tom - 15mths, Matilda 6 yo going on 15) to Bunbury for a few days. Matilda and I had stayed there last year and had a great time and with the amount of travelling I do for work we hadn't been able to get away for a big family holiday this year. We left our house in Perth, took the Perth-Bunbury Highway and checked in to Koombana Bay in good time with no fatigue or stress usually associated with travelling south.
The resort is wonderfully set out, the chalets were perfect for our family - well equipped and spacious - and we did some amazing growing as well. We felt it was safe for Matilda to go and have fun on the pedal bikes and inflateable pillow and give us a cheery wave and run off, calling back, "See you later guys!'. My generation was allowed to be out and about until the street lights came on and while I'm not ready for that yet it was great to see her run off across the grass, join in with other kids and make friends (and we could sneak a peak through the low, shady branches of the numerous Pepper trees if we really wanted to check on her!).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Served my purpose very well. Staff were simply outstanding. Facilities were suited to my needs and budget. Only too happy to pass on my endorsement.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2010

When I first drove into the caravan park I was impressed with how close it was from the beach, I went and got my room key and made my way to the cabin. When I saw the cabin I couldn't believe it. They were charging me $90 a day for a tinny smelly donga, the microwave was broken and so was the stove top. The toilet and bathroom was separate from the donga so if you needed to go out to the toilet you have to go outside at night. I don't recommend this as there are some unsavory characters in this area. I went to sleep that night and woke up bitten all over by bed bugs! I then decided I didn't want to stay there anymore and let them know I wasn't staying there anymore. The receptionist was very rude, she advised me that I had booked for a certain period and that I had to pay another week. I told her it wasn't a lease and that I didn't have to stay and she told me that was to bad and she used my credit card details without my authorization and booked another week onto my card. You can not keep someones credit card details and re-use them. That is fraud!!! I told them I was going to the ACCC, They called me the next day to advise me they would put the money back on my card. Not cool, I'm still waiting.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank Travelbugs1985
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised with Koombana bay. Our two bed chalet was immaculate and had a well equipped kitchenette,comfortable beds,lounge and dining area, a spa bath and a pleasant outside sitting/eating area overlooking a lake and parkland. We chose to stay here because of its proximity to the dolphin discovery centre which is across the road and well worth a visit.Reception staff at koombana were friendly and helpful. Bunbury town is very near and a pleasant town for a short visit. Big swamp is worth a visit for a walk around the swamp where you will see a variety of wildfowl.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple