“A little overpriced ”
Review of Lighthouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Lighthouse Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Beach Resort Restaurant and Bar are located on the first floor. Surrounded by uninterrupted ocean views, start your day by having a full buffet breakfast, enjoy a drink at the bar while experiencing the stunning sunset or join us for dinner, sampling the fresh local produce. The Lighthouse Restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. Our seasonally changing menu includes the finest local produce of the South West and our attentive service is second to none. Bar The Lighthouse Bar opens from 5pm until late Monday to Sunday. The Lighthouse bar is the ideal place to get together for after-work or pre-dinner drinks. Enjoy magnificent views from the outdoor deck, whilst sipping a cocktail, a chilled beverage or one of the many great local wines.
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We came here a the last dinner in Bunbury during our stay. The service was extremely poor. There wasnt a smile on anyone's face that worked there. Had no glasses on the table after being served the water. All window shades were drawn when we specifically came to view the sunset had to ask for them to be put up.
My meal was fine but the other people I was dining with were less than impressed.
I had the olive oil cake with pistachio ice cream which was probably my favourite dessert that I have had on my west australian trip.

All up if I could give the staff a bit of advice... is to be friendly or actually pretend to care.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked and pre-paid for a 4 course meal at the Lighthouse Restaurant for Christmas lunch, at a cost of $110 per person.
Upon arrival we were seated off in a corner, which was a nice spot and a bit more secluded, with a nice view also. As it was Christmas day, the restaurant was understandably very busy. The layout, decorations and table setups did feel a bit 'cheap', more like an RSL type Christmas lunch function.
We then were handed a drinks menu by our waitress and she left while we perused the menu's course options and decided what we would like to be served for the day. After 25 minutes we still had not had a waiter return to ask what our choices were, or even to see if we would like to order a drink. A family who had arrived and been seated adjacent our table approximately 15 minutes after we had been, then had their order of food for the day as well as a drink order taken. My girlfriend eventually went up and approached the reception desk and spoke to a man (who we believed/seemed to be in charge of the other waiters and waitresses) and explained that we were still waiting for service. He apologized and said someone would be sent over straight away. After a further 10-15 minutes of waiting while other people around our table, who had arrived after us, had their orders taken, my girlfriend again went and spoke to reception (another waiter that was there this time). As she was returning I finally had our same initial waitress come to our table and finally ask for our order. She apologized for the delay, saying 'It's been a bit chaotic in the kitchen'. This excuse would have been fine and actually made some sort of sense due to how busy the restaurant was, had our orders actually been taken within a reasonable time frame, and had this same waitress not been taking orders from surrounding tables for the last 35 minutes from patrons who had been seated well after us.
After we ordered our food for the courses for the day and our drinks, it was then about another 40-50 minutes before the 'starters' were brought out. It was then about the same time frame before the entree' and my girlfriend again had to go and enquire as to how long they'd be. By this point another table nearby of elderly folk (about 6 people) had actually seen how long everything had been taking for us and how poor our service had been and we heard them speaking to each other about it (they had a different waiter to ours, and all their courses had been brought out in reasonable time frames and they had prompt service). Whilst waiting for our mains, our waitress, who was also servicing a table nearby, brought out what I believe was either the entree or the mains, along with the help of the head waiter (the man we had first complained to). As they arrived at the table the people there commented that they were still waiting on their starters? The head waiter looked at the waitress, and seemed quite understandably, very annoyed, as he apologized and took the food back to the kitchen with her.
Long story short, or semi-short, the service was terrible. Whilst there we heard many people from surrounding tables complaining about the lack of service and the ridiculous time frames between courses (ours for example, was about 2.5 hours from arrival to being brought our entrees, something commented on by the elderly people at the table next to ours).
That said, the food was incredible. Honestly very, very delicious. It was a very busy day so of course we expected some delays, though certainly not to this degree. I believe a lot of it came down to our particular waitress, as after a lot of errors and mistakes on her part, we noted that other waiters and waitresses were sent over to her area to 'help', before she was eventually just told to clean while others took the orders and brought out the food.
At $110 per person, we were definitely not satisfied. As I said, the food was delicious and perfectly cooked and if it were being served anywhere else we would most definitely be back. However, not at the Lighthouse Restaurant Bunbury.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

16 for Xmas dinner
Every salmon was overcooked
However it was the poor service and effort to empathise that did not impress
We spent $1300 and my last order of double scotch on ice was so upsetting. Everyone at the table said something smells wrong about the scotch but management said bad luck you bought it. Management would not even offer a new drink .
Might that is the instruction by owners that is so disappointing. I will not recommend the lighthouse to anyone.

1  Thank Mickyobunbury
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I found the menu interesting and at a fair price. The desserts were a work of art. All the meals were of a high standard and there were plenty of interesting choices left for next time.

1  Thank dant_11
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The entree special had run out! The mains which we received were pretty average! Not very hot and getting waiter attention was difficult.
We had booked ahead and I don't feel enough staff were available! Will decide if we go back!