“Lovely stay”

Ranked #25 of 54 Maafushi Island B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a lovely time in Narnia. As others have said, the rooms are beautiful and the staff are lovely.

I almost give a 5 star - but the beds are a bit hard for my taste - and although the breakfasts were great, ordering food in the evening could be a bit slow (but tasty).

Overall - a lovely experience.

Re Maafushi itself - if you can cope without alcohol for a few days - it is a good add on to your trip. Getting the ferry from Male was cheap and easy. Snorkeling on the house reef (off the visitors beach - but you do need to swim out to the drop off) was lovely. Local restaurants can be a bit hit or miss - and you certainly need to be patient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hazey101

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kalimantan, Indonesia
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time visiting maldives, and when I went from male to mafushi, the weather is gone bad, after two hours stormy-boat-time.. I was really really relief, when the staff of narnia already waiting for me at the harbour under the rain.. Right after we got there, we got served with fresh pinnaple juice and get a short brief about the activity that the can accomodate.. They didnt push us to follow their schdule, everything is nice and friendly.. They let us choose and give us all information - including the cheapest way-to get what we want.. This place is perfect, the people are friendly.. For those who want to find a beautiful maldives and blend into the culture in.. This is the place.

Oh, try the room with open bathroom.. That one plus point.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mynamestillolly
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I'm so glad we chose to stay in this guesthouse on an inhabited island, and not in a resort in the Maldives. The staff at Narnia could not have been better. They were fun, attentive, helpful, and COOL! They went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect, whether it was something you needed in the room, or arrangements for diving, or recommending where to eat. They never tried to coax you to do their activities or eat in their restaurant, but when we did, the activity (snorkling) was perfect and the food excellent. The rooms are brand new and spotless (and honestly much nicer than the room we had at the airport hotel which was 3 times the price!) The internet works well. The island of Maafushi is lovely - friendly, local, beautiful. There are a couple great restaurants with plastic tables and chairs and candles on the beach within 2 minutes of the guesthouse. The residents on the island are full of smiles everywhere you go. And if you really want to go to a resort, well you can go for a day from Maafushi for a fraction of the cost of what you would pay to stay there. There is an excellent dive shop on the island. And diving is, as you can imagine, utterly spectacular. Overall you'll get a more enjoyable experience in the Maldives here for literally a quarter of the price of a resort. Don't hesitate - book here!

Room Tip: The open shower room available on Agoda is great. But better yet book directly with Ishmail via emai...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have traveled all over the world but the kindness and hospitality that the guys of the Narnia Maldives they have given me and to my girfriend was really something unique ! The hotel is really nice and very clean, the staff friendly and always willing to help, the breakfast good and plentiful, the excursions really well organized and the thing that I liked most of all the staff and' was their sincerity advise the best things to do and the best places to see, really special by them all this ! a greetings from Lucio (Italy) and Song (South Korea) see you soon guys and really thanks for our wonderful holiday !!!

Room Tip: the room close to the kitchen....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank crusaderfor
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Narnia Maldives and its staff were all very accommodating. Even we didnt booked our stay there and just booked the excursions they treated us the same. We enjoyed every single excursions we did plus they were experts in assisting their guest to enjoy the Sea!

More than the view and the place itself, its the people(locals) whom we met that made our stay there the best summer ever for me and all my friends!

All the Best Narnia team!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Elghie G
Redlands, California
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place is really great and I definitely would stay here again. Every single person on staff at this place is great. When we originally booked our reservation, we booked two nights here and our next 4 nights at another guest house. After our first two nights, we wanted to stay here for our remaining nights. Even though our other guesthouse was beachfront, we would have preferred to stay here for our entire stay. We ended up coming back to Narnia every single day to hang out with the guests and the hotel staff. They really made this an experience I will never forget.

I would highly recommend staying here. The guys totally spoiled us with their hospitality. We ended up having personal snorkeling trips, impromptu evening trips around the island to look for phytoplankton, sea shells, and sting rays. At the end of our trip we ended up with a nasty sunburn and Ebrahim and Hassan went out of their way to get us calamine lotion from the pharmacy only to deliver it to us at the other guesthouse we were staying at! All I can say is, I felt totally at home at Narnia, and not only have I found the perfect place to stay in the Maldives, but I've also made new friends there.

The rooms are very nice. Everything is brand new and they provide outlet converter plugs in each room so that you can charge your electronic devices.

The food is tasty as well, and it really allows you to try traditional Maldivian cuisine. They had a lot of options on the menu and it wasn't difficult for me to find food there as a vegetarian. Also, they provide unlimited water, coffee, and tea for you here.

On each of the excursions, they bring a GoPro and take underwater photos for you at no extra charge. It really is nice to have the extra videos and photos of your trip.

I miss Narnia already and can't wait for my next visit back. Thank you everyone at Narnia! I miss you guys!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank CaseyTheTomcat
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The first day we arrived in Maafushi we have met Ibrahim and explained to us what are the water activities we can do in the island. We were booked in another hotel but a few of our friends were booked at Narnia. I would say we were their adoptive guest and they didn't hesitate to accomodate us along the way.

I never have felt the hospitality and concern they have shown us in any other places that I have visited.

Were can you find a one on one partner while snorkeling in the sea? I may say we were very spoiled during our stay with them.

The excursion price are far reasonable especially when you travel on a group. They would even give a special discount but most of all they will make sure that they would accomodate you in whatever activities that you chose to do.

I think all of us left our heart when we leave the island, it's sad but we were looking forward on the day we will come back.

Regards to all the Narnia team. To Ibrahim, suja, hassan and all of them that I haven't mention.

Again, thank you and see you soo guys! :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends