“Nice people but poor service”
Review of Venturo

Venturo
Ranked #39 of 53 Maafushi Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at Venturo for few nights. The reason I chose Venturo is for the 6USD all you can eat dinner I read from someone's blog. However, I did not read other reviews online and it was the start of the disaster. What's worse, they did not offer 6USD all you can eat dinner because of r

When I arrived, Venturo was full but I did book it on booking.com in advance. I was put to "Venturo II" which was 10 min walk away. According to the manager, Venturo II will be opened soon so it was not opened then. It was not convenient at all since every time for breakfast or dinner or I want to book a excursion/day trips, I need to walk 10 min to the originally Venturo and 10 min back. Therefore, I missed some excursions because most trips were decided by other guests in the evening but I left Venturo after dinner.

The room in Venturo was ok. None of them have a window for some fresh air. Most of the rooms are facing the courtyard where people have dinner and hang out so it could be quite noisy. I think Venturo is a good place for someone who likes to talk to other guests and makes friends.

The other thing I don't like about Venturo is the way they charge. Everything is charged by USD. I did not know that so I exchanged a lot local currency when I was in Male. Venturo has it's own rate for the local currency, which is not better for us as guests for sure. I think it's really odd that they charge local currency much more than USD. Also, the minimum unit for USD is $1. If your dinner is $7.30 including 18% tax, you pay 10 USD and they would only give you 2USD back which I feel I got ripped off twice. Even local currency is like this. The minimum unit for local currency is 5 rufiya, which is the smallest bill, even Maldives has 2 rufiya as coins. I don't really care about 0.7 USD or 2 rufiya, but I don't like the way they have their own rules for payment and I felt I got ripped off twice.

It was not a very pleasant experience with Venturo. They were nice people and I hope they should have done better.

Room Tip: Rooms around dining area are usually noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank 642ryanl

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We did not stay at this hotel, but we're on many trips with these guys. Our hotel had very expensive trips and they also included tax and service charge on top of it so price were not final.
However at Venturo, all prices are final. You'll get towels, snorkeling equipment, water and very delicious bbq. I totally recommend Venturo for trips. We did not sleep there, but if we're comming back we would.
It's a family business, they're really nice and friendly. You can get really nice prices if you are bigger group.
We were on very beautiful picnic island, they made us very delicious bbq, lots of food, and at the top of it, they came snorkeling with us, where we saw turtle, beautiful corals, many colorful fish and also baby shark :)
We also went on 7 point snorkeling. That was awesome day, we saw 2 turtles and 1 sting ray and uncountable many fish and beautiful corals. We had great lunch back in Venturo at lunch break. It was just four of us and we had a feast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank serchan13
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 7 nights in this small hotel it is very nice,clean, cozy and comfortable place with very good quality and home like atmosphere , the staff thare are superfriendly and whatever you asked for they will give for you , the cheapest hotel in Maldives and the cheapest excursions but with very good quality totally I recommend for low budget travelers and yes it is five minutes from the beach but the island is small and it is a good chance to meet the local people on your way and to see the true maldivian culture so it is not a negative point at all

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank mohammedhus
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at another hotel at Maafushi but went to Venturo for dinner because we read online multiple positive reviews on this hotel for its USD6 buffet dinner. Unfortunately, since we visited during the low season, the buffet was not available then.
However, they still offered dinner at reasonable price. Most of the main courses such as fried rice, spaghetti are for USD3 each plus tax. And fresh juices are USD2 each plus tax. The shrimp rice I ordered was impressive!
The hotel is associated with diving school and supermarket. They also offer a wide variety of excursions at very reasonable prices. See picture for more details. With more participants, you will be able to negotiate for even better prices. Even though a normal speedboat trip to the airport from the island is USD178, the hotel sent us to the airport for USD40 each person when we shared the boat with other people.
The staffs were very friendly and helpful. We participated in a full day snorkeling trip with them and the instructor showed us a lot of beautiful corals, colorful fishes, a couple of mantas and several turtles. We ended up making friends with many other tourists and hotel staff when we took excursions offered by the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank cindy c
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent 6 nights in Venturo Inn in Maafushi. The team is friendly, respectuf, polite and helpful. They came to pick me up at the ferry, it was raining so much. The room is spacious, clean. They change towels everyday. There are fan and air conditionner, TV, desk, hot water.

The breakfast is the same everyday : sausages, eggs, toasts with butter and jam and coffee and tea. It could be boring for a long stay, but enough to get a full stomach and go to dive or anything else.

No meal for the lunch at the hotel, but they will help you to find a restaurant/cafe in Maafushi. There is the sunset cafe 200 m from the hotel.

Different acivities are available and the prices are corrects (excursions resort, dolphins cruise, picnic, snorkel,....)

There is a buffet for dinner. (6 $). About 8 differents meals, but same everynight. Meals are good. You might go to restaurants in Maafushi if you don't want to eat the same things each dinner.

I spent a really nice week at the hotel. It was pleasant ! And the price during low season is very interesting !

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank marintheworld
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We only went to Venturo for dinners, therefore our review is only for their buffet dinner. There are at least three selections on the main course in addition to grilled fish (usually someone helped to cut the fish). Compared with similarly priced buffet in Male (e.g., SeaHouse), there are more to choose from. The locals don't know how to make the fish tasty, though. There are a large variety of fried rice, placed next to pasta. Fruit selections occupied another table together with french fries. The waiters provided frequent delivery of drinking water. Overall, that's a great deal on the Maafusi island.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank fiberdude8888
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The accommodation is quite basic however is has everything what is needed. The bed is comfy, you have plasma screen in the room ( we've never turned it on). There is AC, bathroom. The staff is very firendly always trying to assist you whatever it is. It's a perfect base for travelling around. Venturo offers really good deals for tours.
The breafast is basic. Dinner buffet it's really varied however it can become borring if you stay for longer time (we've stayed 7 nights).
If you plan to make excurcions to different island that's the accomodation you are looking for.
TIPS: don't go to Embudu villagge, as a guest you are treated rather unftriendly, you can't take the sunbed at all and you won't be treated well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends