“Just excellent to every perfection!”

Summer Villa Guest House
Ranked #37 of 53 Maafushi Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2012

When I travel, I want to embrace the culture with hospitality & the best of what the country can offer.
Summer Villa did everything perfectly from the start to the end of my stay. I left this place with a heavy heart.

6 nights? I wish I have more.

You feel at home. The localation: Local Island of Maldives

Nabeeh, Naseem, Shifan, Bukhari, Yassin, I would like to thank every one of your from the bottom of my heart for making my stay EXCEPTIONAL.

The rooms are clean and comfy. The dinner, EXCELLENT.

The staff and owner would mingle and have a good chat with you.
Everything that you need, they are right at your service.

Nabeeh, he sang really well and did a Maldivian Cultural performance for us. We even dance and have fun througout the perfomace. Nashanth, he dance really well!

Shifan, he makes really good coffee! It's complimentary. Be sure to ask him at least once during your stay.
Not only is he a good coffee maker, he thought me the tips and trick to be a better pool player :)
He won 2nd runner up in the Maldivian championsip :)

Naseem the owner, he's like a fatherly figure with a good sense of humor.
He will organise and listen to your feedback tentatively. It was very nice and sweet of you for the farewell dinner. WE HAVE CRABS!

Their activities are at the best of rates. If you were to get the same at the other resorts, you might just burn your pockets out.

In Maldives, one must explore Sandbanks, Biyadhoo Island, Picnic Island, Night Fishing, Maavelathu, Manta Ray and dolphin watcing.

They would describe in detailed to you, if the day of the activity is appropiate or should you do the vice versa.

I compliment your honesty.

They are enlarging the place right now. 16 more rooms with a rooftop cafe & nightly DJ!
You will also get a tv in every room and the rates will remain the same for now. I couldn't imagine the joy and laughter of the other occupants once the end of the year kicks in for the new change.

We make great friends and company here. We have missed everyone of you!

I have stayed in resorts, villas. But this hospitality, ITS THE BEST! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!

The only cons, please change the breakfast menu or make it a buffet. I have raise this to Nabeeh. They are in the midst of the change :)

I would love to come back again. No wait, I AM COMING BACK!!

One tip for all, PLEASE BOOK via them directly. You can reach me, and I would gladly provide the information to you. If you do via Booking.Com, Agoda and Asia Rooms, they are taking 25% of the commision which means you are paying so much more. Avoid that.

They are very efficient and there is no need for credit card deposit to secure your booking. That's how much they trust the guest.

Speedboat in Maldives are all expensive. If your flight meet the local/private ferry time, great! If not, you got to take the speedboat. Summer Villa will give you the best of price :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are on par. However if you are heading after 22nd Dec 2012, request for the newer room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank NurHanifah

Reviewed December 1, 2012

A pleasant fact is our holiday was cheap. The correlation of price and quality at 100%. And we brought home not only unforgettable impressions but also the money which we saved owing to discounts and low prices. Thank you staff of the hotel.

The other reviews already say it all, but this is the best hotel experience I have ever had! Hotel is cosy, service is very attentive and personal. Rooms are lovely and the food served is top class and affordable. Management is knowledgable and give good tips for excursions and dining.

We are a family of three and our rooms were huge with views to the garden. Breakfast was excellent. The host were always there for help. It was decided to make a barbecue one evening and the host asked each guest if they wanted to take part - very informal - and made us feel at home.

A perfect place for relaxing with little beautiful garden, also a great base for your trips to explore this island and neighbour islands. Hotel Summer villa is a unique experience of style and comfort. We appreciated the friendly service and attention. Even though we are always looking for new experiences, this is a place we certainly would like to return to.

All in all it was a wonderful 5 days at a peaceful hotel where you can just relax or if you want a lots of activities any kind.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Helena K
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent 2 days/nights in Summer Villa (Nov 2012).

Good :

1) Service and Hospitality : Nabeeh greeted us at the jetty and arranged everything we asked for thereafter. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make us comfortable. Their hospitality was more responsive than Holiday Inn Kandooma where we stayed for a night.

2) Great food - The food was excellent.Dinner buffet was good. Maldivian breakfast excellent. However, I hope they had more choices for my wife who is a vegetarian.

3) We did Manta ray trip - actually saw two Mantas. Picnic island, sand bank. Everything was well arranged by Nabeeh and his father.

Bad:

1) Value for money : Rooms seemed overpriced. The snorkeling and other trips costed too much when you compare with similar trips in Thailand or Malaysia. Any activity left us with a big hole in our pockets. Speed boat transfer charges seemed exhorbitant when you consider that the islands are not that far away from Male. But this is general in Maldives and not a criticism of Summevilla who to be honest gave us reasonable price compared to RESORTS.

2) Location : The location of the guesthouse is not great. You can get other resorts which are close to the beach. The rooms lacked privacy with the reception just in front of the door. In Maafushi there was nothing great to do - so unless you are taking trips (which are quite expensive) you dont feel like you are on a holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ritesh m
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable with en-suite, AC, and refrigerator. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Mohamed was very quick to communicate in advance of our arrival and was often on hand to help us throughout the week. He personally collected us from the airport. The rooms are cleaned everyday with bedding and towels changed each day. The internet access is not very reliable and quite frustrating.
Unfortunately there is currently a building site next door which woke us up at 07.15 every morning. Summer Villa is also building additional rooms at the rear of the property which means that the rear garden area is no longer there.
The food is basic but ok. The prices are reasonable. You cannot buy alcohol on this island at all and you are not allowed to bring your own into the country!! (apparently, they can take you to another island to buy alcohol but we didn’t bother). There are a number of places to eat on the island (a nice meal for 2 people cost $30).
There is nothing to do on the Island and there is only a small stretch of beach at the other end of the island. The people of the island are generally friendly and relaxed. You can wear a bikini on the beach but nowhere else. There are a number of small shops which sell Coke, Sprite and biscuits etc. The team did arrange some day trips for us which were very good, although pricey. We spent most of our days diving with Maafushi Diving and Water sports, these were excellent.
Summer villa though couldn’t do enough for us we would have to recommend them and the service they provided.
We probably wouldn’t return to the island as there is nothing to do here and it is not very picturesque, although we didn’t pay the extortionate resort prices either.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Well, we had to send this thank to the owner of Summer Villa, it was great time for all of us staying here at a nice cottage which got immaculate facilities. We stayed here for 3 days totally and found this area quite lovely. Fist, i wanna to mention about the value, the room rate was highly competitive. secondly, Th atmosphere here was really nice, good ambiance of room. Thirdly, the staffs were so attentive. The villa with a lovely garden where each morning we could walk together and hear the bird's sound. The beaches nearby with excellent and pure water as well.We could play kites and swim. You can rent for some swimsuit with reasonable price or bought by yourself. We highly appreciated this are and the beaches here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank blair t
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a wonderful hotel and staff . Way before I arrived, I received several emails from the manager (Nabeeh) to see if I needed anything taken care of before I arrived. He arranged everythings for me. From the moment I arrived, I enjoyed spectacular service that started with an upgrade to a beautifully-furnished room! The room was exactly what I was looking for. It was the size of the deluxe room with large bed, immaculately clean every single day, and I appreciaIned the special in-room amenities. Nabeeh, who brought my luggage to the room even went as far as to tell us of the many amenities the hotel offered and suggested that we visit the rooftop lounge area. We went up to the beautiful rooftop terrace and it was amazing with its view of the ocean. Soon guests will fortunate to spend time on the rooftop deck, where they can enjoyed a quiet evening or sunny daytime. (Construction work is finished already). The bar, excursion, the beaches... all perfect! The best thing of everything is that when i went on dinner, theres was live soul maldivian music at the cafe in the open air. I cannot say enough about the excellent service and fabulous meal. By far, I ate the best fish and seafood I have ever eaten.
One morning as we were heading out on snorkelling excursion, a member of the staff (Ali) gave me fins, mask and snorkel. A special thanks to staff for making my recreation so very special!
I had a relax and peaceful time in Summer villa!!
Have to say this was one of my favorite hotel experience's I have ever had. Good location and the best staff! You rocked! Can not wait to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Matthew125
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We found “Summer villa” through this site, we were looking for a holiday with a difference, wanting to find the real life of Maldives, far away from the tourist trail. Guest house surpassed all our expectations, on small local island the setting is amazing, beautiful renovated cottage within the atmosphere of solitude, tastefully decorated with lots of wonderful the picture made of the wood. Every facility possible including a lovely secluded patio area with table and deck chairs with a view that took your breath away.

The staff is wonderful, full of advice on what to do and where to go, the restaurant is lovely and the food delicious. The garden area was lovely, operating as cafe and the tranquility is broken only by the sound of birds and the gentle sound of the ocean in the distance. The island is not big and the facilities (shops, fields for football and basketball, cafes) spread out over a area but this only adds the comfort to this place. The souvenir shop of the Summer villa's owner is lovely and the reception area stocks a variety of local souvenirs to bring home.

We wanted to explore quiet secluded parts of Maldives and "Summer villa" was a wonderful base from which to do this. We (sadly) had only booked one week and this was not enough and only offered us a brief insight into the true, traditional Maldives but we did manage to pack quite a lot into our few days traveling to amazing beaches of the resorts-Islands located next to and visiting a lot of places for snorkeling and relax.

We are already planning a return trip to "Summer villa guest house", having been home only three days!! A wonderful place with wonderful people always on hand to help and make sure your holiday lives up to all your expectations.

See you next year!!