You will not find anything cheaper in Maldives! The hotel gives a chance to people who don’t have thousands of dollars to visit Maldives. It is situated on Maafushi island which is inhabited by local people. There is a school, a hospital, lots of shops and even a prison. You can get to the island by a ferry which departures from Male at 2:30 pm everyday except Friday and it will only cost you $ 3. It takes 1.5 to get to the island by ferry.
The hotel is small but cozy inside, the rooms are clean and well-furnished. The stuff of the hotel clean the rooms and change towels daily. You can order anything you like to eat even if it is not on the menu. We had a chance to try octopus in carry and there was also an option to try lobster. All you need is to ask Hasan (he is he most helpful and fluent in English), he will do his best to satisfy your needs.
As soon as you arrive, you are offered some nice fruit drinks. This is so nice and considerable!
The hotel is situated on the beach. I personally did not like the beach area near the hotel because it is small and full of shells. Even though the stuff of the hotel tries to clean the beach area, next morning it is full of shell and stones again. When I first saw the beach area next to the hotel, I was very disappointed because I imagined it to be long and clean. But if you pass through the island you will find a great place for swimming and sunbathing. The sand there is clean and soft just like face powder. BUT! Women are not allowed to wear bikini there, remember that the island is inhabited by Muslim people. When we arrived, the hotel management asked me not to wear bikini even on the beach area next to the hotel, but as I realized afterwards, if nobody sees you, you can feel free.
The hotel organizes snorkeling trips, night fishing and trips to the other islands. Snorkeling trip was great, I had a chance to see the real underwater wildlife. If you don’t have your own equipment for snorkeling, you can rent it from the hotel.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay in White shell beach hotel and recommend it to those people who are not looking for a luxurious spa hotel but for those who are in Maldives to enjoy the sun, turquoise water, soft sand and experience the local life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WhiteShell Beach Inn is a distinctly designed hotel in Maldives located in Maafushi Island, 30 minutes away from the Airport. WhiteShell is the only hotel right on the beach in Maafushi. We provide affordable accomodation with all the comfort, so that travellers can enjoy the beach, sun and the sea of beautiful Maldives. While you stay at WhiteShell you can experience the local community life in Maldives, as Maafushi Island is an inhabited island near the capital. Guests can enjoy local and international cuisines at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant at WhiteShell, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with experienced staff. WhiteShell organizes various excursion to guests, including snorkeling, picnic island, diving, catamaran, jet-ski, fishing and dolphin watching trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your WhiteShell Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whiteshell Beach Hotel Kaafu Atoll
- WhiteShell Beach Inn Maldives/Maafushi Island