“Where do I begin?”

Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Warrnambool
rotherham,england
“Where do I begin?”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

On arriving we got a warm welcome from the lady that checked us in,it went down hill from there on.Driving to our room things looked abit drab and run down but no matter we were not staying outside.We had room 16 and on entering we found no coat hangers,no hand towels,no microwave and no free wi-fi,plenty of old & new cobwebs with spiders trying to catch their dinners.On going back to reception I asked for and got some coat hangers but why have to ask for them,we did not ask about the hand towels because my wife said if they had any they would be in the room.They was a microwave and a cooker in a communal area but the cooker broken and you would have had to clean everything before using them.There was wi-fi but at a charge of $6 an hour or $12 for a 24 hour period.The towels were only fit to wipe our childrens wet dogs with.The room servicing was very hit and miss as the carpet was never cleaned,bin in bathroom only emptied once in 4 days.And finally there was a sign saying 'Inspection Will Impress' well frankly my dear we were not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank royj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bacchus Marsh, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Where do i start lets see.
Was it the dead mouse at the door or the overflowing cigarette container at the door ,that alone should have been the warning not to open the door .The smell that hit us as soon as we walked in was enough to knock you out !!! Was a smell like a cat had urinated in the room. After being in the room for 15 minutes after we arrived contemplating if we were staying , my partner pulled the doona back not only to find what seemed to be stiff black dog hair in the sheets!!!! We left immediately . The hygiene at this place is appalling !!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dale C

Travelers are raving about these Warrnambool hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We arrived around 9PM and reception was closed, so we called the phone on the reception and pickup our key that was hidden for us
The location is very dark, no ilumination on common areas, when we got to the room we found some bugs and spiderwebs in the bathroom, the room decoration is very old and lack maintenance, the bed was confortable, good only for a night sleep while travelling

Room Tip: stay somewhere else around
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night with some friends as all of the accommodation in Lorne and Apollo Bay were booked out. In all my years of travel staying in basic accommodation around Asia, this was by far the worst! As soon as I walked in the room, a horrible chemical smell hit my face! I went into my friends room and the same smell was also there! I took a rest on the bed and 5 mins later my skin started to itch. I was not sure whether it was bed bugs or the doona was dirty, but the owners should clean them more often. Whilst there were plenty of tea and coffee provided for guests, there was only one packet of biscuits with two little biscuits inside, how stingy! For the amount we paid for $105 you would also expect some basic toiletries, we were only given a tiny bar of soap. There was an iron in the room but no ironing board! The games room was a good addition but it was outdated with games probably from the 70's! This place was overpriced and in Asia this would have got you a 5 star resort! About the owners, let's just say the lady was very rude with my friend when my friend had a problem with the booking. She was unhelpful at all and only belittled my friend. We will definitely not be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alice L
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I would have to say that we are not impressed with our room!! We booked a queen room for two nights, and the room is tiny and has a smell to it! According to the description when we booked it is ment to have a bath! We have a toddler with us and there is hardly any room to set up the porta cot and a bath would have been handy! And the fridge dosnt work well enough to keep milk cold! Don't think we would stay here again even considering changing to a different motel night!!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Aasfgh
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 30, 2011

l have stayed there three times now each for three nights on business. l don't say that the place is great but it was o.k for me who was on a budget. Its a place to sleep for the night but nothing much more. l only paid about $80 for a twin room for the night, but if you want something better in Warrnambool you have to pay $120 plus, so l guess as the saying goes " You get what you pay for".

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MelbourneRod
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Travelled with my hubby and 3 young children. We had a room with a Queen bed a Single bed and a bunk set. This unit had ample room to move with a couch and table and chairs for meals. This A camp kitchenette which would have been useful if we were staying more then one night! It wasn't the Hillton in decor but for a low cost holiday it was comfortable, clean and staff were very helpful. It did have a good sized playground which the kids wanted to use but it was raining. Will definately stay again if passing Warrnambool

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which is near the road but once in the room it was very quite
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family