“Excellent”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Warrnambool
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were very happy with our stay at this hotel the staff were excellent and very friendly a nice and quiet place to stay with family I really recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ekramp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seymour
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our stay for 1 night was fantastic. The amenities and heating system in the family room we stayed in were a little outdated but overall tidy and clean. I have nominated the 'sleep quality' section as average only because the in-room heater was quite noisy and woke the kids up whenever the fan turned on. Brendan was fantastic and provided everything we needed plus friendly customer service. Kids LOVED the big tv and cartoon network on Austar at the foot of the beds!! Would recommend to any family wanting a night or a few away without spending a fortune.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vanessa O
, Owner at Gateway Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thanks Vanessa for writing a review, I very much appreciate these feedback. Inregard to the heater, I mentioned that we had them all check recently by a air cond/heater technician and we were told they were all functioning fine. We will look into it again and I am glad you bought it to my attention when you were checking out.
In regard to the New Samsung TV's (they are magnificent, if I must say so myself) and it is these constand improvements I have made since buying the motel 6 months ago, to ensure all our guests have a positive experience, whilst being great value for money. We look forward to seeing you revisit us again.
Brendan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Was just down for the night and Brendan was delightful and very accommodating. Excellent disabled facilities. Would recommend

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole S
Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Booked the cheapest room, and was surprised by the size of it. Very clean room and the biggest TV I have seen in a motel at this price bracket. Owners were extremely friendly and made you feel welcome. Only stayed one night but when I am heading back to Warrnambool will stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank farr02
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Only has 1 night here, but the room was quite roomy, clean and tidy. The shower door was really stiff but honestly that is the only thing I can fault.

The owner Brendan was very friendly and helpful, my partner wasn't feeling the best so we didn't want to go out for dinner so Brendan suggested a local restaurant that delivered fully plated meals (restaurant quality) directly to our room, all we had to do was take our plates to hotel reception the next morning.

The bed was very cosy and comfy and the bathroom had a large spa with plenty of room.

Would definately recommend staying here, yes rooms are dated but its something easily fixed and doesn't impact on the stay.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank KellySteph
bubblegee, Owner at Gateway Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you KellySteph for writing the review, I very much appreciate your comments.
it is great to receive the feedback you provide so I can attend to any little issues to make my Motel a better place to stay every day.
Also in regard to the Restaurant delivered meals I must say I sneak the odd one in myself, it is fantastic having restaurant quality right in your room.
You will be pleased to know we have just installed NEW Samsung 43" Plasma Tv's in every room and are in the process of installing MYSTAR (from Austar) in every room as well.

Each room will then have 47 pay tv chanels as well as 6 movie chanels and all the normal free to air (Prime, WIN, Ten, etc.) Always we are striving to impress our guests with the best Value for money when staying. Please keep an eye on our Website for Changes as we are in the process of upgrading some rooms to delux bedding and decor.

Look forward to having you stay again soon.

Brendan
Geelong Victoria
Reviewed May 26, 2012

As regular travellers we do not expect to have perfect accomodation every time. But taking into account value for money and friendliness this was not far short.
New manager Brendan and his staff were more than helpfull and attended to our needs quickly and efficiently,
Sure the room was a little dated and wanted a few minor repairs, but hey, we have stayed in supposedly 5 star places a lot worse.
We are sure that in time Brendan will attend to all these issues.
Would we stay there again YES!
Glenn & Robyn Geelong

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WallyGeelong
bubblegee, Owner at Gateway Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thanks Glenn and Robyn for your comments very much appreciated. Yes we continue to improve the property a little each day. In fact all our NEW 43inch Plasma TV have arrived today! YEAH !! So Now onto installing them they will be magnificent. The minor leak in the shower was in fact the little "o" ring as you said.
Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you, your friends and family in the near future.
All the best with your future travels
Regards
Brendan and staff
colac
Reviewed April 16, 2012

After my recent stay at this motel all my hesitation dissapeared. I had read some negative comments many months ago. With new owner Brendan at "the helm" things have obviously changed so much for the better. I was warmly greeted on arrival and found my room very clean and tidy. It is very obvious this motel had dated and Brendan has the enthusiasm and personality to bring this motel back to its former self. I wish Brendan and staff all the best and ask the public to give them a go, you wont be disappointed. Would stay again. B.S.

Room Tip: maybe a room located at back of motel if a very light sleeper