Quest Warrnambool
Warrnambool Gateway Motor Inn(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$62
$54
Travelocity
Comfort Inn Warrnambool International(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$96
Comfort Inn Western(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$85
Deep Blue Hotel & Hot Springs(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$117
$113
Comfort Inn On Raglan(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Hotels.com
Atwood Motor Inn(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$69
$67
Elm Tree Motel(Warrnambool)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
Raglan Motor Inn(Warrnambool)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat locationstudio roomart gallerylighthouse theatrethe main streetno liftrestaurants and shopsshort walkcentral locationground floorstaying longerwasher and dryerfree wifirooms are modernfull kitchencentre of townnight's sleep
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight to break up our drive of the Great Ocean Road. Customer service at check-in and check-out was friendly, quick and easy. Free off street parking was included and it was in a great location (a short stroll down to restaurants and bars on the main street). We stayed in a studio room with kitchenette and found the room to be clean and modern. Being rather compact, I would say the room is perfect for 1 or 2 people staying up to a few nights. The door of the room opens to an open plan kitchen/bedroom/living room with built-in wardrobe, desk, chair and TV. The ensuite had modern fittings and was very clean with shower, toilet and heat lamps in the light fitting (perfect for the chilly morning shower!). There were double blinds on the windows which were great to block out the early morning light. There was however a gap under the door that let light into the kitchen area and with the room being compact this was noticable from the bed - but not a big deal if you're happy to roll over and ignore it! Overall, comfortable and pleasant for our short stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
QuestWarrnambool, General Manager at Quest Warrnambool, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Casi0

I appreciate your review of our studio rooms and thank you for your time to submit.
I will forward your comments onto our staff; who will no doubt be pleased with your comments.

Thank you for letting me know about the gap under the door - I will have our Maintenance Manager work on a solution for this.

Thank you again and all the best.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed at this apartment in a studio apartment. Was exhausted after exploring the Great Ocean Road it was a lovely oasis. Everything you could wish for to have a pleasent nights stay and the bonus of being able to cook a meal and not have to go out. We were lucky enought to score an downstairs apartment. Everything was sparkling clean and all equipment worked. A little short on seating but this is only a studio and therefore not a very big room. My husband enjoyed a swim at the beach then a dip in the pool as it was a very hot day. Good nights sleep. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Book direct and ask for a downstairs apartment if you do not wish to climb stairs. The free parking is a bonus
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
QuestWarrnambool, General Manager at Quest Warrnambool, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Jan C

Thank you for sharing your first hand opinion about your stay and the 5 star rating you gave us. It is a pleasure to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our warm hospitality.

I hope you and your husband return to Quest Warrnambool next time you travel down the Great Ocean Road.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Warrnambool quest while in town to catch up with family. We stayed in a studio apartment (which are all on the ground floor).
We arrived on the train at about 10am, well before check in time and unfortunately our room wasn't ready on our arrival, although we got a call about 30 minutes later to say our room was ready which was great. The room was recently renovated with new floor covering and bathroom fitout. The room wasn't particularly large, but it suited our needs as we just needed somewhere to sleep, there was a small kitchenette/bar fridge/desk.
The room looked onto a concrete retaining wall which was neat and tidy but there was no vista and it did limit the amount of light (which did make it easy to sleep in).

My parents were also staying at the hotel in a 3rd floor 2 bedroom unit facing Liebig street which was very nice. Great living/kitchen area with full laundry facility. Big difference (as would be expected) to our studio room.

Great value accommodation in a central location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Gareth

I appreciate your recent recommendation of Quest Warrnambool. It was excellent to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us and we fulfilled your expectations.

On behalf of the team at Quest Warrnambool, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I travelled with our 15-month old just 2 weeks back to Melbourne and we put up at Quest Warrnambool on the 27th Sep as a rest point after our drive on the Great Ocean Road. First of all, the hotel is strategically located at the end of the main road i.e. Liebig Street. Secondly, the check-in was a breeze with free car parking just at the doorsteps of our studio room. We were initially allocated a room on the second floor where there was no lift but the hotel was quick to offer to switch us to a ground-floor unit.
The room, though small, was well-equipped with a kitchenette and I was impressed by the utensils provided. There was even a shredder that allowed me to shred the potatoes/carrots etc I used to prepare my baby porridge.
My baby fell asleep comfortably on the bed and so did us. In our rush to leave for Melbourne the next morning, my husband left behind a T-shirt with great sentimental value behind the bathroom door while I left behind my facial wash in the shower cubicle. As we only discovered our blunder after we were an hour into our journey, I called the hotel front desk and they were quick to discover the items and promptly agreed to mail them back to us in Singapore (we offered to pay of course). The items were sent to the post office on the same day and reached us within a few days after we returned to Singapore. Thanks for the excellent service! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
QuestWarrnambool, General Manager at Quest Warrnambool, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Chloe P

Let me say first it was an absolute pleasure to have you stay at our hotel. Having guests like you and your family stay with us makes it all worthwhile at the end of the day.

I really appreciate your review. We have items left behind at Quest Warrnambool every day and have developed an efficient system of returning items to their owners. This involves all departments from housekeeping to front office and management. Usually we can catch guests quickly enough before they leave town but when we don't we will get in touch and have them delivered as soon as possible. We understand that some items have great sentimental value so every item is treated with great care.

Thank you again and hopefully you will return to Warrnambool again one day so we can meet again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed one night recently after driving the Great Ocean Rd, in a studio apartment, located on the ground floor. While overall clean and relatively modern, it was somewhat less substantial than I expected for a studio 'apartment'.

The room was very much on par with what I would expect from a modern three star motel, but with a very small kitchenette added in the entryway of the apartment ... Quest however lists these (apparently endorsed by the AAA scheme) as 4.5 star serviced apartments, which, given the small size of the room (far smaller than other serviced studio apartments I've stayed in, and smaller than many hotel rooms), the fact the apartment windows looked directly into a wall, the relatively low cost bathroom fit out, and the overall amenities available, didn't really meet my expectation of a 4.5 star facility.

On the plus side, free parking was available, and the apartments are located just at the end of the main street in Warrnambool, near restaurants and supermarkets.

Room Tip: Try avoiding the ground floor - my windows faced directly into a wall, and moreover being on the ground floor I didn't feel very comfortable leaving them open at night (which meant the room was very stuffy). I could also hear the entry door to the apartment block opening and shutting as other guests came and went, which was someone bothersome.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
QuestWarrnambool, General Manager at Quest Warrnambool, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Andy pf,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your comments that you have made. I am disappointed that our studio room did not live up to your expectations; please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further if you wish.

The Studio rooms are our low cost entry level option for staying at Quest Warrnambool. They are a modern, clean and compact, motel style room with a queen bed, ensuite and kitchenette. They are an excellent option for singles or couples experiencing an overnight stay.

Due to the design of the building, a few of the studios face a retaining wall and do not have a view. We are addressing this issue at the moment with our refurbishment, beautifying the area behind the rooms. For potential guests reading this response, there is an accurate review on the studios (see Tripadvisor "Well Located" 23 December 2011) further down this page.

The majority of the studios are above the retaining wall and face our rear garden; there are a few that even offer a glimpse of the ocean over Lake Pertobe. I have noted on your file in our system that we will allocate a higher floor for you in subsequent reservations.

Please bear in mind that the vast majority of our accommodation stock are the AAA 4.5 star rated large 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. These offer full kitchens, laundries and our townhouses even have double car garages.