“good value and dependable accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Warrnambool

Motel Warrnambool
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Warrnambool
Natimuk
“good value and dependable accomodation”
Reviewed November 21, 2009

My family stayed at motel warrnambool for a (self created) long weekend and we found it nice and quiet. The rooms were spacious enough for my partner and I and our 3 boys. It had a good playground for our boys.

The staff were friendly and courteous and were helpful in pointing out attractions and directions.

The rooms were clean and well maintained and were well priced.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Unfortunately I had booked this hotel before the other trip advisor member posted their review. I have to agree this was not up to standard and definitely NOT recommended.

The rooms are old and shabby ( even the towels were threadbare) Our room was not filthy but it wasn't spotless either. We had a really long travelling day and our four year old would not be moved once he spied a playground so we did stay overnight but I would not go there again.

They are listed as Best Western but it really is not maintained at a 3 plus standard. I agree about two stars only.

I would say "cheap and nasty" but they weren't even cheap!

• Liked — It had a playground
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Adelaide, SA
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Myself and my family booked in to this motel for an overnight stay, and we checked out after a couple of hours.

The spa water was grey, the pool gate faulty, the bathroom smelt like rotten seafood.

The dust was unbelievable. The glasses where dirty, some of the mini bar items where out of date. In the bedside draw there was peanut shells from the last guest. Around and comeing from under the microwave was old food and spills that had clearly been there for some time.

This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. When my daughter developed a rash, and we could not bring ourselves to go to bed, we packed up and left.

We found a lovely place further up the road, where we finally had a restful night sleep. (Thankyou to Comfort Inn)

If I can offer any advice it would be to bypass Motel Warrnambool.
This place is a Best Western 3.5 rating, according to the website. I have stayed in 2 star youth hostels, in the past, that where far cleaner than this motel. We where appalled.

I could go on forever, but I dont think it is necessary. And can you believe he still said he should charge me for the night, considering he is at a loss. Got to be joking!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family