“Passing thro on a road trip (in a wet winter!)”

Best Western Tudor Motor Inn
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Warrnambool
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Decided to stay one more night after 1st night here - to visit local attractions and parks which were well worth it - and were moved to an older family room at back of motel for second night. Booking clerk helpful in sorting this out. Overall impression was of a clean, busy and efficient motel - which was what we wanted. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: Front of building has most modern rooms but these are nearest to the road - tho the road quietened d...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
TudorMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Tudor Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again

There are newer reviews for Best Western Tudor Motor Inn

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Nice staff, clean, reasonably quiet and not a bad room. Just what I wanted for an over night stay and best of all reasonable rates on wotif.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

After reading some pretty bad TA reviews on this place I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised. Got a great room price through a wotif deal and all reservation details were ready for us when we checked in. Manager at the desk seemed very nice-she was very pleasant about asking us if we needed a map etc and giving us details about the room.
The room was clean-very simple but was not expecting 5 star. Heating was great- maybe could have supplied some cutlery in the room but that was no bug deal. Tv was good and bed comfortable. Check out went smoothly with no unwanted intrusions from housekeeping. I would not hesitate to come here again. Maybe next time would ask for room not near the road though, we were in number 9 which had street frontage on 2 sides and was a little noisy. No dramas though.

• Stayed: August 2011
TudorMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Tudor Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you for your review Kmoore1982,
we have improved our training, procedures and attention to detail, and it's great to hear we could exceed your expectations. We always have cutlery and crockery available at reception for guests, and are happy to help provide any information or services you require.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Tudor and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We booked a night at this motel after cashing in Fly Buys points for a Best Western stay, and wish we hadn't bothered.
Yes rooms were clean enough, fairly modern and everything worked, but the service we recieved was lousy.
Upon booking, we were asked what time we would be arriving, and we said approximately 1pm, were told this was fine. However, when we arrived at 1.30 pm there was a post-it note stuck to the reception door saying "Back at 2pm", we thought no worries, and went to the local Coles to grab some supplies before arriving back there at 2.10pm, only to find the "2pm" scribbled out on the note and it now said "3pm"!!!
Unimpressed, we went and amused ourselves in the cold and wet for another hour.
Arrived back, booked in and found room fine, no complaints there.
In the morning however, I was standing in the bathroom, having just gotten out of the shower, with an hour to check out time when the the door opens, and a cleaner is looking at me stark naked!! A little noise was made, the door was shut again and I tried to pick up my dignity, and control my anger. ABSOLUTELY APALLING! The cleaner had unlocked the door with her own key, while the room was occupied and it wasn't even close to check out time.
I then heard laughter outside, as the cleaning room was right next to ours, and I can only assume they were laughing about the incident.
Needless to say, hubby and I certainly weren't, and had a complaint to make to the mananger but once again she was nowhere to be seen, so I didn't get to make my complaint and never recieved an apology.
DO NOT STAY HERE! Trust the reviews on this site, as I read them before I left, but still chose this motel as it looked like the newest Best Western in town, but I regret that now.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tarlee24
TudorMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Tudor Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you for your review tarlee24, sorry you were disappointed and that this occurred. We have reinforced that our housekeepers must wait until the check out time of 10:00am before checking if guests have left early, or come and check at reception if they are not sure. We also knock and call out twice before entering any room. The housekeeping staff did not make us aware that this had happened at the time.

Our new on site manager is contactable by an external phone at reception if the office is closed temporarily or if there are any problems after hours. We also have keys for early arrivals in our external safe so people can still check in as soon as they arrive. We do try to avoid leaving reception unattended as much as possible.

We apologise again for the service you received during our stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my partner after driving all day from Apollo Bay, we were assured they were "nice" rooms and we should take the manageresses word for this as gospel.....not all that great for the price considering it is a country town. The Owner/Manager was quite rude and almost refused to let me and my partner even have a room, even though the motel was empty, as she was clearly judging us and assuming there was a huge age gap between us, No luckily I just age rather well, and that is not her business, she should have been happy for customers. Upon checking out she was once again extremely rude, I definetly would not reccomend this place, there are plenty of other hotels with much friendlier operators as we found out for the next three nights of our stay, this woman's attitude cost her three extra nights of business.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathrynjade
TudorMotorInn, Manager at Best Western Tudor Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

We do apologise that you felt mistreated during your stay. We are not judgmental or prejudiced to anybody based on their age, gender, religion or ethnicity. We have customers of all different walks of life and strive to provide the best customer service we can.

Reviewed January 27, 2010

I booked a 2 night stay over the phone that required a queen bed and a single bed(delux room). I spoke to Barbara(manager) where credit card details were exchanged and the booking made. All appeared fine, other than a price increase that appeared on the "comformation email" which differed from the over the phone price. Once that was sorted out, the booking was done and I looked forward to my stay in Warnambool. Upon arriving I was left standing in the reception area waiting for Barbara to finish chatting on the phone, but that was no big deal. When I was finally acknowledged, I was told that I didnt have a room & that I was to go down the road. I told Barbara that I had a conformation email, which SHE had sent me, etc etc. for accomodation HERE, NOT SOMEWHERE ELSE ..I was then rudely told again to go down the road &that there were no rooms available for me at the TUDOR INN!!! When I asked why, I was told that they had double booked. I said" why wasn`t I notified ASAP once this error had been noticed. "You let me drive 3 1/2 hrs and 100`s of kms... to arrive in your reception area before you advise me of this situation". Then i was then told in no uncertain terms that I was wasting my time and then sent on my way!!! As this was a sold out weekend in Warnambool, I was left with no other choice but to make other arrangements. The only place available was a very small room with 2 SINGLE beds. I MAY AS WELL HAVE SLEPT IN MY CAR !!! The manager of this new motel was aware of this situation, as he told me Barbara had been trying to plam me off to another motel, thus indicating that she knew well in advance ( if the double booking was realy the truth). May I dare to suggest that I was ditched for another booking that was more profitable, given the fact that it was a sold out weekend ...... THIS MOTEL WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & SHOWED LITTLE OR NO REGARD FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES. I would say that a bank robbers dog would show more professional conduct .....and even have better manners

• Stayed: January 2010
2  Thank diamond_dave01
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I booked this one over the web & was a bit worried about what I was going to get, but I rolled up to a centrally located motel, walking distance to the town centre.

Upon checkin I found the owner to be very pleasant & she was very accomadating to all of our questions.

Rooms are clean & comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business