“Amazing”
Review of Breakers Restaurant - CLOSED

Breakers Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local owner/chef Leon Greene has operated the renown restaurant for the past 20 years & ensures fresh quality seafood & fantastic food with service to match. Breakers Restaurant is Warrnambool’s only specialty seafood restaurant, sourcing the freshest Local crayfish, prawns, oysters, fresh fish, scallops, squid and much more. We also have a range of local beef, lamb, pork and chicken dishes on our extensive menu. Offering relaxed informal dining with superb food to match in elegant Tudor surrounds. Signature dishes include Breakers Special Oysters - bacon, cheese, shallots & sweet soy and our famous Breakers Seafood Platter & of course the local Crayfish. We offer an extensive wine list with over 40 bottles to make your Seafood Dining Experience at Breakers Restaurant complete. Breakers can also cater for private functions for up to 65 people. *Drinks at Bar Prices. *Childrens Menu Available.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Amazing food and service. For entree I had tiger prawns and the chef happily altered the dish to suit my husband. We had lobster for mains and the freshness, quality, quantity and presentation was exceptional. The single waitress handled the full restaurant with ease and a smile on her face. Although on the higher end of the price scale we had great value for our money. Look forward to returning soon.

astro1969, Manager at Breakers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Glad you had an awesome night. Thanks for your review

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a wonderful meal, fresh seafood, a quick and very nice service. We choose excellent scallops, great oysters, super filet and the seafood platter and even the changes were no problem ( oyster kilpatrick instead of oyster natural). enjoyed every minute!

astro1969, Manager at Breakers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

fantastic. thanks Petra

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband & I were looking forward to a loverly night out with our heart's set on a seafood platter for 2 ! Totally shocked when we recieved a platter that left us both hungry still and cost $140 + a extra $5 for getting 4 oysters cooked & flavored !! Every time we go to seaside towns we always have
A platter an the most we have paid is $60 an always been very full an satisfied , no way wld I ever reccomend breakers to anybody !

3  Thank jameslovesseafood
astro1969, Owner at Breakers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Im sorry you didnt find your experience acceptable at breakers restaurant. Very unusual as the customers that have this meal always rave about the amount and freshness of the seafood. Please let me know where you can buy a seafood dinner for 2 for $60 that has 500gms of fresh local crayfish, grilled fish fillets, salt n pepper squid, 6 cofin bay oysters, 8 whole black tiger prawns, tasmanian smolked salmon and ample fresh salad and fries with homemade dipping sauces, all of which are prepared fresh, nothing crumbed, battered of deep fried. The crayfish alone we sell for $68, not the $110 you would pay in the city for the same amount. Again sorry that we did not live up to your expectations.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Small Tudor style room seating around 12 tables. Food quality is good but not exceptional with attentive service. Large range of wines by the glass at affordable prices. Worth a visit if interested in well priced rock lobster but I suspect there are much better restaurants in Warrnambool.

thanks sebastian for your review. I hope you enjoyed your night with us

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our first clue should have been the 10 minute wait for a menu ..... As they did not have enough..... It is a small cosy resturant seats about 30.... One would assume each seat would require a menu...
After ordering I request all the orders brought out as soon as they are ready.... The 2 children ordered fish and chips... After waiting an hour and 15 minutes what was placed in front of them was a handful of frozen chips and a pieced of fried fish.. No batter..... No attempt at salad....
My sons seafood platter was nice however at the end when finished he stated I'm hungry can we stop at maccas for a burger... I'm starving was disappointing... He must have been hungry he even ate the 2 dry looking oysters on the plate even after looking at them I said leave them they look a little dodgy....
Highlight of the meal was the lobster... I was really enjoying it till my 3 little friends wanted to help me eat it... All three were still hungry after their meals.

2  Thank Peachie111

Hi peachie, thank you for your comments. sorry service was fairly slow that night as were were well understaffed, with only a couple of tables booked in, an a full restaurant. My name in Leon, and i was your waiter that night. I can only appolagise about the wait on your meals. The childrens meals are only a small serve for $8.50 and are for small children under 12