“Nice Decor , Friendly Service”
Review of Emperor's House

Emperor's House
Ranked #46 of 124 Restaurants in Warrnambool
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been to twice The Emperor's House for Lunch since it opened. They Have Lunch Specials, and they also offer Seniors card Holders reduced prices. I find the restaurant very clean and the staff very friendly. The food is fairly good, depending on your taste, I prefer spicy, not bland, I asked the waitress for her recomendation and ordered the Combination Mongolian which was quite tasty. . My husbands meal was the Sweet and Sour Pork, he thought the Pork could have been done better as it was soggy and not in a Crispy Batter .The Special Fried Rice was not the best I've had and not the worst .Overall I think I would go back again, I liked the Linen Napkins, and the decor

2  Thank Aroney

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food was fairly ordinary but the staff were lovely & there was a play area for my grand daughter which made the meal more enjoyable!!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very good value, piping hot with very prompt service. We had a lamb and chicken dish and both has wonderful flavours.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Cantonese is often a bit bland for me but we found the food lacking bite. Sweet corn soup was definitely sweet - I added plenty of pepper. Cantonese steak was hot, in temperature, on its sizzle plate and tasty enough. Spicy pork was pork but not spicy. Sesame prawn and spring rolls were as one would expect. We found Sticks Chardonnay for $30. Good value. Service was excellent but the restaurant was quiet on local footy grand final night. Maybe everyone was celebrating at the club. I think young families will not be too challenged. For the adventurous look elsewhere.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had high hopes of this new restaurant as there is a dirth of Chinese eateries in our town. We were all disappointed with the overall quality of both the food and service. I asked for a combination dish minus the prawns. No could do. I suspect this was because at least some of the meals are prepared in advance (or bought in- even worse) and just warmed to order. Others in our group had to wait for an hour for their main by which time everyone had finished. Oddly they had ordered the same dish as others who had been served much earlier. Decor was OK, but takeaway section a bit distracting. I hope they find there feet soon.
CoNvenor Gutsy Gourmets Warrnambool