“Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Aqua Ocean Villas

Aqua Ocean Villas
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in Villa 1 for 5 nights from 12 January 2013. Warrnambool was hosting a summer fair, so the traffic was busy on the Saturday, which kept us awake for a while, but was quieter for the remaining nights. Rooms and living areas were spacious and comfortable. Appliances and fittings were top quality - all the latest technology at your fingertips. View was beautiful and relaxing. Service was great. The Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village is just across the road, with its interesting things to see, lighthouse and daily tours or shows. A must see. And Lake Pertobe is a short walk away, with its children's playgrounds and natural beauty.

Room Tip: Villas 1 and 2 have great views. The back villas (3 and 4) may be a bit quieter - shielded from road...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here with my family (6 adults, 2 children) and had a fantastic time. We had a large 3 bedroom villa.
The villa was clean and tidy when we arrived, tea and coffee tray, made bed (with fresh white linin) and plenty of towels.
The villa is beautiful and modern with a stunning kitchen, log fire and a beautiful ensuit to the master bedroom. There is also 2 balconys,
- 1 at the front which offers stunning views over the ocean, it isn't very private as it over looks the other two villas, but still stunning.
- 2nd at the back of the villa with BBQ and table and chairs which is not over looked. (this is where we sat)
The villas are on the ocean front with a short walk down to the beach.
The complimentary wifi is a help, with movies and board games for rainy days in the villas.
The front of the villa is floor to ceiling windows to maximise the view, there are large curtains that you can close but personally sitting in the living room watching the sunset was amazing.

Fantastic time and will be staying again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed with my young family at the Aqua on Banyan, its a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathroom, fully equipped kitchen and its own parking. We where welcomed by our gracious host Michelle, who explained how to use everything in the house including the Wi Fi, air conditioning, LCD TV's and gas log fire (bliss). The house was extremely clean and the most comfortable beds I have EVER slept on. I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone staying in Warrnambool as its literally only a 2 minute walk to the main street but extremely quiet. There was plenty of room for the kids to run around and have their own space. I will definitely be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Aqua Accommodation was Aqua on Banyan
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cassandra B
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We (4 adults and an almost 3 year old child) stayed in one of the Villas - Villa 1 I think - for 1 night in early March 2012.

Like some people here mentioned, there was no one there to greet us/check us in. However, Louise had told me that was going to happen as there is no reception on site. So, that didn't bother me. I called her office and once I got a hold of her (she was on another call as a second family showed up at the same time as us and she was talking to them, so it took a few minutes to get in touch with her, but not a big deal). She came right over to let us in and explain a few things to us. She even gave us a map of the area and recommended a few nearby restaurants that were family friendly. Overall at first glance we were quite pleased.

After taking our bags out of the car we decided to head out for supper. We came back home to find a large number of ants crawling all over the kitchen island counter. We had not eaten or taken any food out in the house so we didn't know where the ants we coming from. Ants just don't appear, especially not a whole bunch (20 - 40 ants) of them all together.

We were not very happy and called Louise to tell her about it. She excused herself but did try to suggest that we must have brought in some sweet food and left it out, which I assure you we did not. We were only there for 1 night...no need to "move in". She didn't really offer a solution except to offer to come over and spray ant spray around the kitchen. We declined that offer as we had a 3 year old with us and didn't want the child to ingest any chemical by accident. She did not offer to move us to another one of the villas or offer some sort of compensation. We weren't really happy, but it was already getting late so we decided to stay put. We were only staying 1 night anyway. But now, we just had the feeling that the place wasn't clean. My husband also found a few ants in the upstairs shower and a few bugs in one of the bedrooms. The last straw was later that night when my husband and I decided to go watch some television downstairs and before we sat on the couch, we noticed a worm type bug (not too long maybe 4 cm and very black) crawling on the wall near the couch and then I saw another of the same type bug on the couch. The couch is black as well as the bug but luckily it was crawling on the armrest and I noticed a bump --- the bug crawling. Needless to saw we went back upstairs and tried to sleep.

So, look wise it was very nice, but comfort went out the window with the ants and bugs. It is really too bad because it is a really nice looking apartment.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank VanessaCR
Reviewed October 29, 2011

After booking this online we arrived to find no one around to open up. After waiting around we were finally let in to the unit. I found it unpleasant and uncomfortable as people could see in to our accomodation due to a lack of privacy. The air conditioning also was not upto the standard which you would expect in a cool climate. Over all it was quite expensive for what I got.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Peter H
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and 7 month old son recently. We had to call the owner upon arrival to open the apartment as there was no reception on site which was ok but it was a 10 minute wait.

The house was very clean, tidy and modern but with that came a distinct lack of soft furnishings. So there was nowhere to put bubs down in the loungeroom as there was no rugs on the tiled floor and only one couch cushion! The lack of cushions / rugs etc also meant that there was a fair bit of noise reverberation around the house so if my husband was upstairs sleeping, he could hear me downstairs talking to our son.

The most annoying aspect was that the cleaning service which was due to come at 11am on the morning we checked out, actually arrived at 10:30 and started unloading their equipment from our garage! This gave them a clear view into our living space where we were having breakfast and packing up. We found this really intrusive and they sort of hung around our car as we left, obviously busting to get in and get on with it at 11am on the dot.

We paid a bit more to stay in one of the front apartments which is sold as 'breathtaking ocean views' which I think is overstating it a bit. There were certainly views but the apartments are set quite far back from the coast so the view is from a great distance.

Overall a good stay but I think we expected a bit more for the $.

Room Tip: To get the best ocean views you really need to stay in one of the front two apartments. The ones beh...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed August 22, 2011

CLEAN!!!! Spacious. Last minute find for our family of 4. Two story two bedroom apartment. Full kitchen but no need to use it because Image Restaurant will deliver full size beautiful meals to your door, on plates wrapped in foil for only a $4 delivery!!! Seriously why dirty the kitchen? We have nothing negative to say about our stay in Warrnambool. Louise our 'host' was so helpful, professional & down to earth. I am a fussy mother when it comes to my children sleeping & bathing in motels but this time I could relax! We met the cleaners on our visit too. They are the nicest friendliest behind the scene ladies we've met!!! Everyone was helpful & took the time to listen to our enquiries. We would recommend this place to everyone & we will be booking this place agian in the future!!!! Please take the time to look into this place when in warrnambool. You will not be disappointed:)

• Stayed: August 2011