“One Of THE Worst Dining Experiences I Have Had In Years !”
Review of Bojangles'

Bojangles'
Ranked #21 of 127 Restaurants in Warrnambool
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife & I had dinner at Bojangles Pizzeria & Restaurant in Warrnambool on Boxing Day in 2013, and are still mesmerized by the whole experience. I would call it a dining disaster of the worst magnitude, and if I find myself in Warrnambool again soon, I would not be returning to Bojangles.

Picture this scenario – it’s 8:30pm, we’ve driven from Adelaide, checked into our hotel, and now want some dinner. So we go to the restaurant patch of Warrnambool, and happen upon Bojangles. It is busy, but we are seated promptly. One would expect things to go smoothly, and we would be out of there in 45-60 minutes tops, having been satisfied with a meal of which the quality was at least equal to the amount we paid……unfortunately, that was one of the worst wrong-calls in dining history !

Firstly, I ordered a Mexican pizza, which on the menu has olives, so I made it specifically clear that I wanted no olives when I placed the original order. When the pizza arrived, it was literally covered with olives, and the replacement took another half hour to get to me. The waitress actually said it was “her fault”, but it wasn’t – I watched her write it down, so it was the pizza chef’s fault. Some honesty here would have been nice on their part, but the waitress unfairly took all the responsibility for their error.

My wife ordered a steak that she wanted well done – when it arrived, it was cut so thick I originally thought it was a Christmas Pudding. When my wife sliced it open with her steak knife, it was still bloody, and had to be sent back to the kitchen for it to be cooked further. As a restaurant, when you are charging $36au for a steak dinner, it’s no longer amateur-hour – you have gone pro, and you either act accordingly or admit your shortcomings and discount the meal to cost price to save some face.

Any self-respecting restaurant would have come to terms with the fact that they had made a colossal error, but not Bojangles. Sure, we got a “sorry” from the waitress at the point when they realized they screwed up, but beyond that point, we didn’t get offered so much as a free soda. To add insult to injury, when they brought the bill, it was the wrong bill, which was nothing like our order and tallied to $25au more than our actual bill.

So we ended up paying over $65au for an ORDEAL rather than a meal, of which it took two hours to get out of, and left us feeling like we had been ripped off. And when the meals finally came out, the pizza was maybe a six out of ten at best, and my wife didn’t think the steak was anything to write home about either.

This review does not bring me any joy in writing it, and in fact, I would sooner write a review about a restaurant experience I enjoyed. It’s a shame that Bojangles is so completely disorganized, and the service & quality of meal doesn’t match the price-tag, as the set-up in the restaurant is excellent, if not perhaps a little cramped. Perhaps this review will help Bojangles review their disgraceful performance in our case and better themselves, but I doubt it, so they can wear this review like a crown of thorns for future diners to approach this restaurant with extreme wariness. Unfortunately, so poorly will this restaurant be remembered by myself & my wife, that forgiveness simply will not come if we find ourselves in Warrnambool at any time in the future. Bojangles - you had your chance with us, and you blew it big time !!!

This review should also be a lesson to other restaurants - in the age of review mechanisms like Trip Advisor, woe betide the victim of poor service & meals. Be on notice - every potential customer is a TA reviewer, and if we are crossed, reviews like this are the result of the diner scorned !

BTW – there is a take-away pizza chain pretty much across the road from Bojangles, which are probably at least no worse, so my suggestion is save your money & time, and try there.

5  Thank PietroMorrizio

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here at the end of a "Great Ocean Road" roadtrip and were pleasantly surprised. Pizza was very good with a lot of options for toppings. We also got a dessert pizza which was really delicious and too big for two of us to finish. Also tried "Red Duck" beer from a local microbrewery which was another good choice

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great pizzas and Italian food in a relaxed setting. Highly Recommended!

Service was good without being overbearing. My only negative was that when busy it can be quite noisy.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Fantastic pizza whilst passing through Warrnambool earlier this year. Great pizza, cosy atmosphere. Try the Kazakhstan!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have been coming to Bojangles for years.
It is well known locally for Great Pizza and Pasta at a reasonable price. It is noisy but great for a quick meal. House wine great and still a winner after all these years.