“Thrilling and fun...and Dave, the pilot, is awesome!”

Bandicoot Adventure Flights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

Dave took my father out on what Dad describes as one of the best things he's ever done! Aside from being incredibly generous with his time, Dave was also an absolute gentleman! It was an amazing experience, even for me who didn't go up, but I got to sit on a country airstrip and take the whole thing in, too! I had as much fun as my Dad did!

Date of experience: October 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2016

Thanks for your review, please you also had a good time with your Dad. Enjoyed meeting you and your Dad.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"gippsland"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2016

As a "local", you often don't bother to do things in your area as a tourist. However, I was given the opportunity of a flight over Latrobe Valley. The bird's eye view of the power stations in particular, was nothing short of spectacular.

Date of experience: November 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Thanks for your review. We have also had people who work at these sites who are amazed to see this industry from the air.

Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

I was given a deHavilland Tiger Moth 'Serenity Flight' for my birthday. After a couple of false starts due to bad weather, l finally got to go on a sightseeing trip around the LaTrobe Valley. Pilot Dave is an affable, accomodating sort. Nothing was too much trouble. After an introduction to the aeroplane, including a look at the classic but reliable Gypsy 4 engine, we put on the Biggles hats, taxied out and took off in an unhurried run. The Tiger Moth is noisy, windy and vibrates - real old-fashioned flying! The open cockpit gives you an unparalleled view of the passing scenery. You fly quite low and can see everything clearly: cars, people, cows... We flew over the open cut pits and power stations, fascinating from the air. This is a rare and vanishing experience. I would recommend this to anyone, man or woman, young or old, as a fun experience and a unique way to see Gippsland and the LaTrobe Valley.

Date of experience: November 2016

Thanks Paul for your review, pleased to have met you and glad you enjoyed this experience. Across the paddocks we fly at about 700’ so you do see a lot of detail.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

I have for years wanted to experience the joy of the open cockpit whilst flying in a tigermoth. I was not disappointed when Dave took me up on a glorious Spring afternoon, when we could observe the local area and all the activities going on. Dave was professional in every aspect of preparation and execution of the flight. Thanks so much, Dave.

Date of experience: November 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Thanks Helen for your review. You picked a good day for the flight. I was delighted to meet you and Barry.