“Wonderful Experience - Recommended”

Bandicoot Adventure Flights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

I was given a deHavilland Tiger Moth 'Serenity Flight' for my birthday. After a couple of false starts due to bad weather, l finally got to go on a sightseeing trip around the LaTrobe Valley. Pilot Dave is an affable, accomodating sort. Nothing was too much trouble. After an introduction to the aeroplane, including a look at the classic but reliable Gypsy 4 engine, we put on the Biggles hats, taxied out and took off in an unhurried run. The Tiger Moth is noisy, windy and vibrates - real old-fashioned flying! The open cockpit gives you an unparalleled view of the passing scenery. You fly quite low and can see everything clearly: cars, people, cows... We flew over the open cut pits and power stations, fascinating from the air. This is a rare and vanishing experience. I would recommend this to anyone, man or woman, young or old, as a fun experience and a unique way to see Gippsland and the LaTrobe Valley.

Date of experience: November 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Thanks Paul for your review, pleased to have met you and glad you enjoyed this experience. Across the paddocks we fly at about 700’ so you do see a lot of detail.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"gippsland"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

I have for years wanted to experience the joy of the open cockpit whilst flying in a tigermoth. I was not disappointed when Dave took me up on a glorious Spring afternoon, when we could observe the local area and all the activities going on. Dave was professional in every aspect of preparation and execution of the flight. Thanks so much, Dave.

Date of experience: November 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Thanks Helen for your review. You picked a good day for the flight. I was delighted to meet you and Barry.

Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

Dave is a lovely guy who was very accommodating. His flying skills are excellent and Dave got me everything I needed for my aerial photography. I'll definitely be flying with him again.

Date of experience: October 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Thanks Tom for your review, was a pleasure to fly with a professional photographer.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Thank you Dave it was great brad loved it. Ayden loved to watch and look at all these planes and loved his colour in pages and pencils. Great birthday present brad wants to go again there next level. Thanks heaps you are great and made everyone feel welcome and relaxed. Leia

Date of experience: August 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thanks Leia for your review. Great that Brad loved his birthday present and could be with you, your children and lots of family. I think Ayden is a budding pilot !

See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Thank you David from Bandicoot. We enjoyed the lovely flight over the farm and over the M.I.D for my husbands surprise birthday present. Thanks for playing along with the charade until the very last minute David. Great plane, very comfortable and we felt safe the whole time. A better take off and landing than we have experienced on several large commercial carriers....We would like you to take us somewhere else, just formulating where that might be..... Awesome flight and awesome Pilot/Owner David. Wonderful to see the local towns and landmarks from the air especially after the recent heavy rains. Brilliant fun and most highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2016
Dave K, Manager at Bandicoot Adventure Flights, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Thanks for your review. You certainly picked the best day this month for your husbands birthday flight. Look forward to flying with you both again.