“Superb dining experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Port Douglas, Australia
“Superb dining experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Suprise! Suprise! Driving into Traralgon if felt that the only meal I was going to have was fast food. There is an abundance. I did my usual search and came across Neilsons. Well let me tell you this resturant rates as one of those that you must come back to with you spouse (I was on business). The atmosphere and decore is relaxing, the staff were attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine and beer selection perfect. There's even a little suprise sweet on departure. The meals are served with artistic flare and the quantity matches the quality. Look small thats because the dish is big. "FANCY" we'll done to the owners and staff.

• Visited April 2013

Vic
“A great Experience and never disappoints.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We are fussy when it comes to food and expect good service. When we have a chance to go to Neilsons Restuarant in Traralgon we are never disappointed. We were there again recently and it's such a wonderful experience from the moment you are greeted by one of the staff. The food is fabulous and the little extras are what make it more than an ordinary night out. The homemade bread, homemade butter, the complimentary aperitif and treat at the end of the meal create an air of excitement and not knowing what to expect next. I have a few favourite restaurants through Australia and Britain but Neilsons is definitely number 1 in Victoria. It's easy why to see why they, their chefs and apprentices often win awards. Can't wait for my birthday now, when we have booked to go back.

• Visited April 2013
Traralgon, Australia
“Top quality lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Good service, great food! I ordered the roast duck dumpling entree (you get 2 dumplings in a delicious broth).....I could have eaten 10 of them! Then for main, a slow cooked oyster blade steak....the presentation of which was slightly underwhelming....however the taste of this meal soon outshone the look of it!

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Dinner at Neilsens with friends recently was an amazing experience. The attention to detail by staff was very impressive. One of our group had a specific food need and this was 100% attended to. The Chef's 'amuse bouche' was delightful and the entree and main menus offerred wonderful choice. The presentation of the meals was gorgeous - we were driven to take photos the dishes looked so good. The coffee was up there with the best I have ever had. To find a restaurant of such class so far from the city was a surprise - in fact, many city restaurants could learn a lot from Neilsens!

• Visited February 2013
Morwell, Australia
“Not the place for lunch”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have been with a group before for lunch and Im affraid this time I was dissappointed.

The lunch menu had changed and not for the better.

The choices for meals for lunch where limited, and when the meals arrived they were so small.

I f you after the small size, fine dining size meal for lunch the this is for you. But if your looking for something to get you through the afternoon the try elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013