“Lovely meal”

Charlie Gray's Licensed Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Swan Hill
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Charlie Gray's is located at the BEST WESTERN Burke and Wills Motor Inn. Offering a modern Australian dining experience in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a lovely meal here recently.
Bruschetta is perfect to start with. I had chicken to follow but I was hoping for more veggies. They also offer the lindemans light wine, less calories and less alcohol
However the food was very tasty. Service friendly and fast. The restaurant is cosy, clean and modern. I will be back soon.

There are newer reviews for Charlie Gray's Licensed Restaurant

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Being in Swan Hill tonight for a firefighting course, I had tea tonight at Charlie Grays.

For entree, I went with standard fare for me: garlic bread. In this case, a baguette with garlic butter. It had the perfect balance of crunch on the outside and softness on the inside.

Main course, I went with the recommendation of the waitress, Sarah, and had the Open Schnitzel Sandwich. She certainly has good taste, it was beautiful. The chicken was cooked well, and combined with the tomato, lettuce, aioli sauce and another sauce I couldn't identify, it was delicious. The side of French fries and sea salt was a perfect way to finish the course.

For dessert, I once again went with the recommendation of Sarah, and had a pear dish. I must confess, I didn't catch the name of the dish, but it was a pear in bread & butter pudding, with a ginger beer sauce. A dollop of cream balanced the tartness of ginger and the sweetness of the pear to create a lovely dish. Certainly one I'd order again!

The atmosphere was relaxed, soft music filled in the background nicely, and overall a lovely, enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This restaurant can be found at the Best Western Motor Inn. The staff are really lovely - attentive and friendly. My husband loved the eye fillet (cooked just to his liking) and my vegetarian risotto was tasty and filling. The restaurant is clean, crisp and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends.

1  Thank BeccyandDavid
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food here is what you would expect from a 5 star city restaurant. Friendly service and staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Private dining experience - quality meals- great for vegetarians - top customer service - a real stand out - thank you!

1  Thank lee255100