“good indian”
Review of Tandoori Times

Tandoori Times
Ranked #190 of 305 Restaurants in St Kilda
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good service, friendly and obliging staff, and pleasant indian food. We enjoy the tandoori dishes and the breads.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We thought we order takeaway on Christmas eve from this restuarant and had heard good things about it. We ordered 3 curries and rice and nan.
The 3 curries tastes the same even though we ordered different curries and the portions were very small. The buriyani rice was just a bit of rice with meat and heaps of sauce. No way near being a good buriyani. The Nan was good but very soggy. Unfortunately, we would not order from this place again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been to Indian restaurants all around Australia in my travels. I should say this one was the best after the one from perth. We were 5 people and we had the best time there.
We never expected such a warm and comfy indian place. Apart from the usual indian places the place was small still really good.. There wasn't any unpleasant cold welcome, staff was good and the food was excellent.
The people in there seem to love the place and it was the best part.
We had the rogan josh and one of their speciality along with butter chicken and korma. It was tasty. We also had the tons of tandoori. It was filling and loved it.
Will definitely go back when i get back to melbourne and st kilda i love u. Tandoori I love u more now..

Reviewed May 11, 2008

We stumbled upon this restaurant on our first night in St Kilda while staying just a few doors up the road. The service was fantastic, very friendly. The standard of the food was excellent for a suburban Indian restaurant. I would reccommend the mixed Tandoor entree, the Tandoori lamb cutlets were very flavoursome. It's many many years since I've had such good Indian food, particularly Tandoori.

There was a big screen in the main dining area playing a Bollywood movie, no sound, just subtitiles, which is a little confusing in the song and dance numbers! However it was a great distraction for our son who spent the night reading the subtitles. I don't think it would be overwhelming for anyone who wanted to chat, but terrific if the conversations gets a little dull ;-) .