“Service is poor, beer expensive, but great location”
Review of Beachcomber Cafe

Beachcomber Cafe
Ranked #132 of 301 Restaurants in St Kilda
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was crowded on the Saturday that we visited this restaurant, waiting 30 minutes for an outside table. Tap beer was around $10 for a schooner, food fairly expensive. However, you are right on the beach and can sit and watch people walking and cycling by. My date ( a Thai) ordered baby octopus. She loved it. I didn't. There are a lot of other 'safer' dishes to order.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Third time back here .. Not sure why I have come back but this is definitely our last. Unless you enjoy waiting 30 minutes for a drink. Don't come! Finally we received our drinks except for our friend which had to wait another 20 minutes.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I would never come back. If u enjoy waiting 1 hour and a half for a drink, this is where u want to be!! Waited that long for a coke... True story

Reviewed September 15, 2013

To be honest, appalling service, over cooked steak, hot glass with a cold beer. The calamari was tasteless. The only good part of the experience was sitting outside with the view of the beach. I would advise a drink then move on for an alternative dinner option. I don't mind paying money for good value, but this is ridiculous.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We waited at the door but no one came so I had to ask where we could sit. We sat outside and no menu so I had to go and get one. Finally the waiter took our order but no one came to ask if we wanted a drink.. So I had to go and ask for a drink. Our food tasted nice and that's all can say positive. Prices were a little high. Would I go back??? No...