“Bad service!!!”

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am a Chinese. Perhaps I do not fully understand the culture of Australia. But the staff there really embarrass me while dining there. I called for the waiter to ask for chili sauce, I said: "excuse me, can I have chili sauce?" He replied with: "please...." I wondered what was he saying. He then repeated" please...." And repeated again " say PLEASE". ( he was asking me to say PLEASE)

I don't really enjoy this! Come on, I am just a tourist!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SSAng

• Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
“Terrible!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We walked in to see a waiter who walked past us an completly ignored us. Outside it had a sign saying wait to be seated so we assumed it was the same inside. The waiter walked past us again and still ignored us. I then walked over to a lady waitress who I asked if we could just sit Down. She said when would you like to sit. She gave us menus and then walked away. We were sat down for about 10 minutes looking around before somebody decided to take our order. My boyfriend ordered the big breakfast which was 18.50. We had one in melbourne CBD the day before which was $12 including a drink. My boyfriend asked for no onion, tomato or mushroom but some baked beans instead the waiter said that was fine. I got pancakes which were very good and quite cheap. The food was quite good but was a shame about the terrible service. We walked up to pay and found we were charged 1.50 for beans although my boyfriend had taken three things off the breakfast! I did not say anything but found that humising.

Nice views but not worth going to be ignored!!

Melbourne, Australia
“Nothing to rave home about”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ive been here twice and both times it was only when I had a discount voucher from the entertainment book. The food is overpriced for what they serve. This place has nice views and is a good place to have a snack or a break, but there are so many nicer places in Melbourne than this place to dine. I wouldn't come back here unless i had another discount voucher and was in the area.

• Visited October 2012
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Sunset drinks”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My partner and I went to the Beachcomber after walking along the promenade at sunset. We sat outside to watch the sunset and enjoy a drink.
The staff were very helpful answering what could be deemed as stupid questions ie " what is a scooner?"
The staff that served us were both funny, appropriate and fun to be around. They attend to all patron needs promptly.
Would love to go back during summer months to see what it is like with the tourist season in full flight.

• Visited October 2012
Leopold
“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went here for a lunch with a group of 13. The service was TERRIBLE including no one taking drink orders and when they did they were missing some, meals taking forever & when they did arrive serving a gluten free meal full of gluten!!! The meals were completely overpriced for what they were. If you're thinking of going- give your money to charity- it's a lot more worthwhile.

• Visited September 2012