“Big Mouth, Big Surprises !”
Review of Big Mouth St Kilda

Big Mouth St Kilda
Ranked #56 of 318 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A truly impressive St Kilda icon and a must visit for anyone looking to discover local culture. A fantastic bar restaurant that serves the most divine cocktails in Melbourne. Expansive menu, with fresh flavours and a generous serve of people watching at every angle. Built in 1938, established in 1993, Big Mouth is an institution. Big Mouth does what she has always done. Serve good food and good booze to the people of St Kilda. Come up and see for yourself.
Reviewed April 9, 2018

An absolute treat, along with great service and all round quality meals, this restaurant provides all round great customer service combined with reasonable prices.
Will definitely be back.

gracentime, General Manager at Big Mouth St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Good to hear.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I went here today with my husband and little dog Charlie. We'd been for a walk along the beach and then went to find somewhere for lunch. We sat outside and ordered tofu tacos for me and a steak sandwich for my husband. The tofu tacos were delicious - I haven't had anything like this before - yum! My husband enjoyed his meal and the chips were delicious! The staff were attentive.

Great thanks

Reviewed December 27, 2017

My first time here even though Acland is a fairly regular haunt for me. Friends from interstate chose this place after walking along the stretch of Acland St. As you can see from the pics the food was ok. It wasn't bad but it wasn't exciting either. With the food I would sum up by saying that the prices is probably a close match the food that we tried.
The service on the other had was shocking. It wasn't rude but it definitely lack professionalism. The girls spent more time looking around then paying attention to what they were doing. This included slipping the ice coffee onto the wallet, phones and myself, forgetting to bring things when you finally get their attention and just simply paying attention. Even when taking the orders, she was looking around rather then at the customers.
I wouldn't rush back. I know that there are better places to try.

Big Mouth D, Manager at Big Mouth St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Hi Lanceheng,

My name's Rosie, I'm the Restaurant Manager for Big Mouth, St Kilda. I have just seen your recent review for us and, naturally it was rather upsetting. If you're willing, I'd really like to find out a bit more information about your visit so as it can be used constructively for myself and my staff. I'm sorry to hear that your food was less than exciting however it is the service side of things that troubles me most. We pride ourself on our staff and their usual excellent service.

If you're able to let me know when you came in and a bit more about the service you received, I'd really appreciate it.

We certainly don't want customers to leave unhappy so we'd really like to find a way to get you to return and have a lovely time.

Many thanks,
Rosie

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Visiting son in st kilda went to big mouth. Great night of jazz, friendly staff great drinks choice.

thanks

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a steak cooked under m-w guys just do not bother! Myself and a friend of mine went in for dinner this Sunday evening. My friend ordered a chicken parma and I had a porterhouse steak which i had asked for it to be cooked rare, as i started to eat it i noticed it was in fact m-w if not well done. I told the waitress when she came to check on us that i was hungry and would eat it anyway but in fact it was nowhere near rare. She agreed with me and took it into the chefs for them for proof and their reply was it's pink so it's rare. I mean are you kidding me?! I'm not one for complaining but thats ridiculous on the chefs part. I'm well aware that chefs can be stubborn as i work in hospitality myself but they should at least know how to cook a steak properly.. and the response I got back from them just showed they don't actually care about the food they send out or the people that pay hard earned money for it. Because of the chefs lack of interest I will not be back.

3  Thank Sarah L