“Best Pizza in St Kilda”

I Carusi II
Ranked #82 of 301 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: I Carusi ii opened on 2004 as an authentic Italian gourmet Pizzeria. It has added a second kitchen in 2013 enabling it to become an Osteria also serving all kinds of main dishes including home mage pasta's and lasagna's, steak, seafood, and a whole lot more.
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Simply the best pizza you can find in St Kilda. Traditional Italian style ..... thin crispy base .... fantastic simple topping combinations. I could eat these pizzas every night of the week. The restaurant is simple, often crowded, but a nice place to dine.

1  Thank Mike7Riyadh

Reviewed August 28, 2011

It's just so good, great service, and bar upstairs super cosy. It's a bit out of the crowd and you feel you're in some secret St Kilda spot. If I was living any closer I'd be there at least weekly. Just writing this I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 12, 2010

we enjoyed more awesome pizza here again last night. this is our third time here and it is so good we will continue to come back. chocolate calzone is delightful.

1  Thank KJAMelbourne
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Had a pleasant dinner here. Dining companions had been here on a number of occasions and claimed that the pizzas weren't as good as they had been in the past. Most pizzas contain authentic Italian style ingredients such as prosciutto and mozzarella. There is also a Hawaian pizza with pineapple for more Aussie tastes. Good ingredients make for tasty pizzas although I can't say that they are deserving of some of the rave reviews one often reads of them. Likewise its hard to understand why they are so expensive at $15 - $18 a pop for what claims to be 12'' diameter pizzas. The Montepulciano was a chaep and inoffensive red. Our group of three were sat at a table for 5 which meant we had more space in quite a tight dining room, but it also meant that I was next to a drafty door leading out to the toilet. It's understandable that the punters were not so conscious of the need to close the rickety door firmly but when staff were constantly coming and going without closing it properly - well that did grate. Later I think the waitress realised she had made a mistake, when there was a table for 3 elsewhere, so when a larger group arrived we were asked change tables, which we gladly did to finish off our grappa nonino. Better to go for a later booking here to minimize the likelihood of being asked to move on.

1  Thank daramis
Reviewed April 19, 2009

This is an awesome pizza place. Not the fatty crappy pizzas you get in most places around Melbourne. It's thin, and has the best ingredients. My favourite is Caprese (sopressa, which is pretty much salami, roma tomatos, basil, fior di latte)... mmm delicious. We also go for the dessert pizzas (they are to die for). My partner is Italian and says it's one of the better pizzas in Melbourne. He has tried some of them on Lygon Street, and this one is still one of the best, along with the other I Carusi in Brunswick....reservations a must, sometimes you reserve, but still need to wait 10 mins...its that popular!!!
Pizzas are about $17 each...

1  Thank ozTravelGirl