This was the first time we (me, my wife, and daughter ) have stayed in a backpacker hostel. I really have no gripes at all, the staff were very helpful and friendly, we had a family room with a bathroom ( Double bed, and a bunk ) on the 3 rd floor, the room was clean, the bathroom was modern and clean, I am very fussy with beds and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever had.There is free Wifi, which we had no problems with, although the speed was a bit slow. The kitchen was a bit daunting the first time, as we had never stayed in a place like this before, if you have breakfast later like we do, there are not the large numbers in the kitchen. All the other travellers we met were friendly. The location was great, 20 mins by tram to Federation Square. We stayed between Christmas and New year, and we had no problems with noise. If you want good budget style accommodation, at a great price, in a good location, you cannot do better than Habitat HQ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Habitat HQ is a Victorian Tourism "Hall Of Fame" and City of Port Phillip Business of the year 2014,budget accommodation and backpacker hostel located in St Kilda, Melbourne. Options available from 4, 6, 8 & 10 bed dorms to private double and triple rooms with en-suites. Free breakfast, free WiFi, large kitchen, lounge, TV room, outdoor courtyard, Cheap and secure car parking with 24 hour reception. We specialize in providing budget accommodation for international and domestic travelers and groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and HostelWorld so you can book your Habitat HQ reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Habitat Hq Hotel St Kilda
- Habitat HQ St Kilda, Greater Melbourne