Habitat HQ
Eildon Mansion(St Kilda)
Oslo Hotel(St Kilda)
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne(St Kilda)
  • Fitness center
All reviewsfree wifithe kitchenfree brekkieprivate roombed dormbar crawltrivia nightcommunal areasbackpacker hosteltram stopcleaned dailytea and coffeewe've stayedown bathroomst kilda roadenjoyed my staylong term
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at this hostel since 3rd September and I originally booked 1 week but I'm still here now some 2 months later. The kitchen/bathrooms are cleaned 4/5 times a day I just found other backpackers are extremely lazy when it comes to washing up so the hostel employs a "kitchen cop" to make sure people wash up and to keep the kitchen clean. Has it's own tv room which is really comfy and spacious. Staff are extremely friendly and often go out of there way to help you. You used to be able to bring your own alcohol but they soon got a alcohol licence and now sell beers, ciders, wine and vodka cruisers. I love this place and would 10000000% recommend it to anyone. Perfect.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Really useful they have their own free secure car park, got free breakfast in the morning (if you get down in time) and although the wifi is free it didn't actually work while we were there which was really annoying. The common area is clean and has events on, staff were friendly and the rooms were really clean. Stay on the 3rd floor as they have they new rooms/bathrooms downstairs gets quite cramped apparently.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed in this hostel for quite a while. I stayed in one of the 10-bed dorms, which are way too small for 5 bunk beds and the price for that type of room is too high as well. I moved to a different hostel where I have a 4-bed dorm for a cheaper price.
The hostel also seems to attract more of the young party crowd, which can be positive or negative as to your preferences.
The Kitchen could be cleaner if there was a "Kitchen Shift" in the evenings.
PRO: clean, spacious bathrooms, breakfast and Internet included
CON: rooms too crowded, sometimes too loud, a bit far from the city center, customer service could be improved, too expensive

Room Tip: Ground level is noisier!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights after travelling some cosset able amount of time in Australia. It was the best nights sleep I had! The bathrooms accommodate the people in the room only and were cleaned daily. This was more like a hotel than a backpackers. I would def recommend it especially a women on her own I felt safe and secure. Good links to Melbourne City and the beach.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed here twice before and know exactly what to expect each time we stay. We had a triple room with an ensuite that we booked on booking.com and it met all of our needs for an overnight stay. Habitat HQ is very central and an easy walk to St Kilda for a bite to eat, to the Palais Theater for a show, or to the beach for some r&r. We also really love the on site car park. Each time we have stayed we have driven to Melbourne and the car park is very secure. The staff are extremely accommodating, and it is a warm and friendly environment. Keys to the rooms are security cards, and we had our linen/towels and a TV provided in the price of our room. We would consider it to be a very well managed, clean and maintained backpackers and among the best we've stayed in. Although situated on a busy road, we weren't disturbed by traffic noise at all. In getting an early night the only noise that bothered us was that coming from the courtyard. Highly recommended for a weekend stay in Melb. There were announcements for available work over the intercom, so if you are a traveler looking for casual work, this place can hook you up! They also have heaps of options for activities and tours around Melb for those coming from interstate/overseas. Tram stop conveniently located out the front also. Habitat HQ also has a lift which is very handy in getting your luggage upstairs.

Room Tip: Worthwhile paying that little extra for a private room with ensuite. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends