Ritz for Backpackers
$76
Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Fitness center
Quest St Kilda Bayside(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$98
$86
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$108
$92
Agoda.com
Novotel Melbourne St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$117
$92
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Rydges St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Tolarno Hotel(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$74
$49
Trip.com
$91
$65
The Prince(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$144
$108
  • Restaurant
Apartments Ink(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$65
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree wine and cheeselovely place to chillpasta nightsmoking areafree pancakesevery eveningroom was spotlessthree nightschange roomsa great stayfitzroy streetenjoyed my stayaustralialovableplugsokeytram
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Wow. I loved this hostel and actually felt better than at home :D good location, great and helpful staff-they gave us some tips for trips, offered us breakfast on arrival, had some great activitys arranged and serves for meeting and getting to know new people....woooooow again. Definitely staying there when I come back to Melbourne. Fell in love with this hostel. Woow..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Stayed at the Ritz for a week - had an awesome time - resonably clean and tidy, room spacious!! Stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and met some amazing people - something going on every night always Fun!!!! Bar downstairs okay - but expensive!!! Small hostel so everyone knows everyone and has a fab atmposphere!!! Staff mostly friendly and very helpful!! Reasonably priced!!! A definite place to stay if you go to St Kilda and you want to have a laugh, meet people and dont mind noise!!!!! Oh and be prepared for pancakes for breakfast - everyday!!!! Gets a bit tedoious but if your on a budget you cant complain!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We liked the location of this hostel.
The room was a good size as was the kitchen. Bathrooms were average.
We did notice that most people were long term residents but this didn't bother us.
Our room was over where the band played so it was very very loud but didn't hear much noise from the hostel itself.
We decided to just go to the pub downstairs instead of laying in bed listening to it but if you like your early nights it might not be the best place for you.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I came to Melbourne intending on staying one week... here I am three months later! I love the ritz, the staff are amazing, the people in it so friendly... I can see if you're a bit shy you would notice the groups that are already there, but I was welcomed with open arms, all it takes is a little effort!! I am honestly GUTTED to be leaving, but the weather is getting bad, and people are moving on so my time with Melbourne is over... for now.

I will DEFINATELY be back to the Ritz, I've had an AMAZING time!!!! Definately recommended!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucerad25
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The staff were mostly friendly and helpful and the hostel is in a great location and the rooms are reasonably clean. But i did not enjoy my stay here as the hostel had alot of permanent residents which created a not-so-nice atmosphere and made it difficult for anyone outside of the 'group' to fit in. Also the bathrooms and toilets were filthy, and i didnt see anyone cleaning them in the 5 nights i stayed there. As the hostel is above a pub you would expect some noise at night, but most of the noise was from the people staying there playing load music and running up and down the corridors until the early hours, so i didnt get much sleep! I would not recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to get a bit of sleep at night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo