“OK spa - great life coaching session”
Review of Aurora Spa

Aurora Spa
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Planned a full afternoon at Aurora Spa in advance of my visit to St Kilda in March 2010.
Booked in for a massage, facial with hair treatment and life coaching. I found the relaxation area pre/post treatments to be ok - not great. Was not that relaxing and perhaps a mixed area is not applicable for everyone.

An hour massage was welcome as I'd been flying and traveling a lot before this holiday. Massage pressure was hard as requested and worked out a few kinks.

Facial was good and I fell asleep during the treatment. So, clearly the treatment was relaxing but the facial itself was good (not excellent). Hair treatment was very nice with a great head massage. This was extra but I thought the best part of the facial (and technically not part of the facial).

Finished up with a 1 hour personal coaching session which was really good. I've been based overseas on various Expat assignments for years and it was really good to have a chat with someone who could give unbiased advice on points I wanted to discuss.

Enjoyed the experience at Aurora but I would not rate the Spa more highly than other spas. Felt like there were almost too may treatment rooms with staff pushing clients through. The life coaching markedly improved my experience here and the rating I have given reflects that last hour more than the previous two hours of treatments.

2  Thank JoJoZep1970
There are newer reviews for Aurora Spa

Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was fortunate enought to be given a gift voucher to Aurora Spa Retreat at the Prince Hotel in St Kilda and managed, after much juggling of my very busy January calander, to squeeze in some much needed rest and relaxation. Arriving at this spa is magical. The staff were so friendly and nothing seemed too difficult. I began my treatment with a cup of herbal tea in the beautiful time out lounge and was collected from there by my therapist for Aurora's signature Kitya Karnu Signature treatment. Wow... what an experience. I have never had a full treatment in the steam room and this experience was one i'll never forget. It started with a full body salt an oil exfoliation and then continued with a facial, hair mask, this amazing cool riverstones ritual, and total body hydration. I felt like a new person after this treatment and would highly recommend it to anybody who needs to find time after the busy January party season... I'll be back!

1  Thank SamWilliams