Location is everything, right in the heart of saint kilda a few minutes from everything and half hour from downtown by tram. Facilities are nice, clean rooms with ensuite and great security. Staff are great. The only problem I had was with my bank account, this place has a strict no byo, they have a small bar downstairs and they do everything possible to get you there buying drinks. Every night the whole ground floor turns into a night club, its a great party if your into it, but if not your out of luck, cause theres nowhere to hide and the music goes straight through the walls. Theres no outdoor area in the hostel, only places to hang out are the kitchen and the bar, theres a small room for smokers but after 8pm it closes and they chuck all the smokers out onto the street. This is a party hostel, I lasted about a week before exhaustion set in and I had to find somewhere else to catch up on sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your BASE Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne