This place isnt a proper backpackers its more of a hotel for flash packers.
I stayed in the girls sanctuary. I was brought a cup of tea in bed, champagne to our room at 7pm every night! I had free Aveda shampoo and fluffy towels-this pace is defo recommended for a detox and a pamper, but was expensive compared to other hostels it was $30 a night. Everyone enjoys being spolit though!!
The bathrooms were very modern and clean and the place had security locks in the lifts and every corridor.
There was a great internet access point downstairs but this was pricey and a fab bar where the party really got started!
Location was great, close to mcdonalds and the beach. Opposite Luna Park and the tram stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site with live music, DJs and amazing food 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Base Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- Base Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne