“Best coffee in st Kildare” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll
Reserve with
Dr. Jekyll is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 280 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving some of the finest breakfasts in St Kilda since 2009 and now providing outstanding dinner and service in our restaurant. Join us at the bar for a pre dinner drink and share plates or relax in our luscious courtyard.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best coffee in st Kildare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Great coffee, great breakfast. These guys are doing a treat here, it's one of the best coffees in melbourne, and the food is just as good. Highly recommend

Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent coffee and delicious cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Best to avoid Sunday brunch, because this place is deservedly popular. We were lucky to get a table after a short wait - but I gather that's unusual.

The courtyard out the back would be a good choice on a warm day - if you can get a spot.

Avoid the tourist drag and head to Grey Street for Dr Jekyll's.

• Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great St. Kilda brunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We walked in to be met with the choice "Do you want to sit out back with the sweaty cyclists, or in here on the marble table?" we instantly liked the casual vibe of the place, and wow the place was buzzing. It did take us a little while to get our menu and for them to take our order, but it was very busy. My tea came out pretty quickly, and it was delicious. I often find loose leaf tea is weak, but this was gorgeous. Then out came the breakfast. I had poached eggs on toast with a side of bacon. Within moments of breaking open my egg, and without any cue whatsoever, one of the waitresses came over and asked/insisted on having my egg replaced because it was slightly overcooked. I insisted that it was fine, and I didn't mind. You rarely get service like that! The breakfast was lovely, and perfectly portioned. The tomato relish that came with it was delicious too.

After a couple of disappointing brunches in St. Kilda, Dr Jekyll has certainly won me over. I shall be back. No question.

• Visited February 2014
“Awesome brunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Isn't it nice to be welcomed with a smile and the words "Are you hungry? Good, grab a seat!"

I am picky when it comes to a nice coffee & brunch spot. Dr.Jekyll is one of those places I consider a perfect one! Good coffee, friendly and welcoming staff en very, very good food. When we visit a city, we like to try out as many different places as possible, but we visited Dr.Jekyll twice during our stay in Melbourne. And it was definitely our favorite from what we tried in a weeks time.

(when they have a special with their fruit toast, order it, it is sublime)

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best coffee and scrumptious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate here twice during our Melbourne trip. The coffee was fantastic. The food was healthy and tasty. I wanted to sample everything on the menu! Service was friendly and atmosphere trendy. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013