“A pleasant Business trip in Melbourne at Tuscany”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Indoor heated pool at Tuscany looking out on to Tuscan courtyard, and next to the small gym
St Kilda Serviced Apartment Courtyard from bedroom
St Kilda Serviced Apartment Courtyard from in front of the apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
brendan68...
Queanbeyan, Australia
“Great Apartment, poor management”
Reviewed October 3, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Apartment itself was fantastic, and great location. The management (Stay Central) was not so great.
After driving 7.5 hours to get here, we were unable to gain access to the building/carpark as the FOBs had been deactivated during a security audit (apparently someone didn't give the building manager the FOB numbers to keep them activated). Was given the advice to wait by the door for someone to come out, and get them to let us in.... Can imagine how that went down when they had just completed a 'security audit.'
On the day of checkout (which checkout is supposed to be 10am), was called an asked by Stay Central if they were able to access the apartment early as they needed to put furniture in and sort out the FOBs...
Would stay in the apartment again, and in this location, but not booking through Stay Central.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and space
Liked least: The management by Stay Central and gaining access
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 23, 2016
I have to agree. I would be very annoyed and unimpressed if my access fob didn't work too! The last thing you need on arrival is any delay in accessing your accommodation.

We should deal with the facts here though. We had given the building manager all the fob numbers, but only some of the were re-activated. Whilst I was contacting the manager, I told the guest he could enter the building when someone goes in or out because he had a key that allowed him to access the apartment. This gave him almost immediate access.

Luckily, within a very short time, the manager gave my guest access to an emergency fob until he could get there the next day and activate the guest's fobs.

The guest stayed in this beautiful apartment without further incident, without any complaints, for a week.

On the departure day, I asked the guest if he was leaving much before the standard time. He said he would probably be leaving 30 minutes or more early. I thanked him for that because we had a lot of new furniture coming in, and that would give the contractors a head start.

I'm sorry if the guest felt disillusioned about the way things were managed. We did what we could to give him quick access late in the evening, to get the fobs fixed quickly, and to work with him to allow us to set the apartment up nicely for the following guests.

We will continue to do whatever we can to make things run smoothly for all of our guests, and to maximise the enjoyment and comfort level of their stays with us.

Chris McDonald
Owner/manager
StayCentral
BernardP1...
Bangkok, Thailand
“A pleasant Business trip in Melbourne at Tuscany”
Reviewed May 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I stayed at this apartment for the first time. I found the arrangement of paying/collecting keys etc worked excellent. The actual apartment itself was also excellent, I enjoyed the place and would gladly stay here many more times on my return business trips, and highly recommend it to my friends, colleagues.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole lot
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 31, 2016
Thank you, Bernard! We are pleased very much to know that you've enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to make sure that our guests feel comfortable while staying in StayCentral apartments. You're very welcome to stay with us again and please don't forget to claim your returning guest discount for your next stay. Thank you!
Tania P
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Location excellent, with workmen on weekdays in courtyard area.”
Reviewed September 27, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Booked for one week, my partner was impressed with the spaciousness of the apartment. The courtyard is having repairs which meant workmen starting about 7am, with some of the associated noise of machinery. However, you do not get any noise from Fitzroy St. I attended a 3 day conference and he made good use of the 7 day tram & train pass (myki) to explore the city.

Sep 28, 2015
It sounds like you managed to enjoy the benefits of the apartment itself, as well as the big discounts due to the work, without letting the work bother you during the day. The work was actually supposed to be finished earlier this month, so it should be finished shortly.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. This apartment and its surrounding (normally) quiet oasis is just beautiful to stay in, and close to the beach and the city as well; perfect for a Melbourne visit.
I hope you join as again with your returning-guest discount.
Adelaide Hills, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jan 7, 2015
Thank you your feedback. We thought briefly about hanging a small TV from the end of the four-poster bed, but I don't know if it would work with the Tuscan theme of the place; or the room?

I agree that it is not ideal for five. As we say on our website, "Perfect for two", but if you need to bring the kids or some extras you can do that on a budget, instead of paying the higher rates for a two-bedroom apartment. Perhaps we could squeeze in another occasional chair to make more sitting spaces if you want to leave the sofa bed open when you have five people in the living area. Thank you for the idea.

I am pleased to see that you loved it though. A four-star rating is a huge compliment, and we appreciate it.

I hope you stay with us again, with your returning-guest discount.
Melbourne
Reviewed November 19, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Rain and wind
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Nov 24, 2014
Tuscany is one of my favourite apartments in the group. I could easily live there; for the reasons you gave, and many more. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.
canberra ACT
Reviewed November 17, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Nov 19, 2014
We work very hard to make your stay seem very smooth and easy to enjoy. I know this was a new experience for you, so I am very glad that you enjoyed it so much.
Essex, England
Reviewed April 22, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Apr 22, 2014
What can I say? I'm glad you enjoyed it David, and booked extra nights; especially when it was a last-minute booking! I hope we see you again.
Regards,
Chris
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing