“Showed up for America Night”
Review of The Local Taphouse

The Local Taphouse
Reserve with
The Local Taphouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 288 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Sister site of The Local Taphouse from Sydney, which is already listed on the site but is quite different.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Showed up for America Night”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Made an appearance here after hearing from some beer folks that it was the place to go. Upon arriving we were asked for a gold coin donation, for...AMERICA NIGHT, haha, this was going to be funny. It was still a little early but the bar was already decently filled. On tap they had all US beers, mostly from Cali but some from other states. I had hoped when I came that I would get a chance to try some AU craft beers but it wasn't meant to be here. Grabbed an IPA, something from Green Flash. We were hungry but the only thing on the menu was all "American"; bbq wings, hamburger, hot dog, etc. we grabbed wings and a hamburger (no cheese though, don’t they know us Americans like cheese?!). The wings were mediocre as was the burger but it filled us up. I grabbed another beer, a stout this time. Overall, the bar was pretty cool and you could tell as the night went on that this was a popular bar that seemed to attract the craft beer fans. I’d go back again if I was in town but would shoot to go during the day when I can sit back, relax, and enjoy some beers. **** Go, go, GO to the bottleshop too as I saw beers there that I saw no where else in AU, picked up several Cantillons. Prices were high but probably to be expected given the current beer scene there.

• Visited March 2012

tasmania
“All beers are Craft Beers you fool”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Service from male behind first floor bar left a lot to be desired sarcstic at best. Paddle of beers chosen was good by female employee not much more to say really.

• Visited November 2012
The_Local_Taphouse, Owner at The Local Taphouse, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. We aim for everyone to have a positive Taphouse experience and apologise this wasn't the case with your visit. We will do our best to ensure it doesn't happen again.