Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed October 23, 2007

As first time guests to Quest East St Kilda, we definately would not be staying at this location again. It appears the Quest were under new management and this was quite obvious. The function rooms on level 1 right outside the lifts were like a dump yard which was not an enjoyable view. On day 3 of our stay, the lift was fille with vacuums and tables. These items were not removed and were still in the lift when we were checking out.

Moving onto the outside of the Quest, there appeared to be a strange smell of rubbish & waste disposal.

Apartments are not serviced on Sundays & we had to go to reception to collect our own towels after requesting them.

The rooms & relatively central location are the only positive about these serviced apartments.

I would advise the Quest to act quickly on solving these problems and create an environment and level of professionalism which an apartments of this nature deserves.

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sydkitty
Manager441, Owner at Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2008

Yes, you are quite correct and we do apologise for the excess "clutter" of tables, chairs and other equipment.

The property has long had a shortage of storage space but I am happy to say that we have now re arranged and built extra storage areas so this problem has been adressed.

In regards to servicing of the rooms, the Quest Group policy has long been to service rooms each day except Sunday and Public Holidays. Upon request, we do of course service rooms on these days. This is explained to all guests upon check in.

Reviewed April 21, 2007

I was initially aprehensive about staying here after seeing the reviews, however a friend had stayed there in december 2006 and said that the hotel had been re-opened after some renervations.
The result is really good. I asked the staff about it and they said that the hotel was closed for a year to refurbish.
I stayed in a "standard suite" which is just a hotel type room. Pretty spacious for what is in the room. Nice neutral colours and very clean.
My room opened to a nice balcony looking at a courtyard. I couldnt get over how quiet the place is, its so close to st kilda, and on a main road - youd never know it!
Staff were fantastic really lovely & hospitible!
I would stay there again no worries!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank fairenough
Reviewed March 2, 2005

I stayed at the Quest Kimberley for 2 months in a 1 bedroom apartment. Whilst spacious, the decor is tired and decor, kitchen facilities pretty basic (although with the full compliment of appliances - full stove, small fridge and a small dishwasher). The staff could not be more helpful and pleasant.

However, the key point is at the price that I paid for the stay, you couldnt find better value in inner Melbourne. Some people want a cheap price and yet demand the highest standards in everything. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2004, traveled on business
4  Thank Juliepxx
Reviewed February 28, 2005

Warning travellers, DO NOT stay here. I booked this hotel several months early and secured with a credit card. There was even contact after the booking regarding room arrangements. With two days left until arrival I made contact re airport transfers and learnt that they 'lost' my booking!!! 'Lost'! The hotel was full capacity and it was GP weekend, with no other hotel vacancies nearby. There was no attempt to resolve the problem, and NO APOLOGY! This is disgraceful. Do yourselves and Melbourne a favour, and stay with a business that appreciates YOUR business...

8  Thank HotelRevWR

As the new owner and operator of Quest East St Kilda I can faithfully assure all of my guests that incidents such as this (happening back in 2005) will not occur under my management.

A TripAdvisor Member
Morwell , Victoria
Reviewed June 30, 2004

First impressions of our room were, how lovely it was. After a few minutes of checking everything out, I discovered the hairdryer was not working.
I asked if I could have it replaced, (we were staying there for 5 days), but they said that wasn't possible and if I needed to use it, I would have to go to an vacant room (if there was one), and use that one. I decided to go and buy a cheap dryer instead. When it came to making a cuppa, the cord on the kettle would not reach the outlet, so I had to put the kettle on top of a cupboard so it would reach. My daughter's bed had springs litterally sticking out of the mattress. After the 1st night, I asked for more blankets to cushion the springs. I also had to ask for more pillows as well, as there were no extras in the cupboard.
One morning I left the notice on my door for our room to be serviced. We arrived back later that afternoon to find that our towels had been replaced. That was it. No beds made. No dishes washed. We needed to use the alarm on the clockradio and that didn't work. The fan in the bathroom was absolutely useless. It was like a sauna in there once the shower was on. Overall, the staff were friendly and courteous but not very helpful. When I go to a motel, I like everything to be as it says on the brochure. I felt like a real whinge everytime I had to ring reception.

• Stayed: June 2004