“I' m coming back!”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Bogota, Colombia
“I' m coming back!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed there one month last year and I'm coming there again. Good location, cheapest prices in town, friendly staff. Old building and not the best hostel I've stayed in but I think all this bad reviews are exaggerated.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed July 5, 2012

i stayed 10 days..Only the lounge room can be pretty.. the double room was terrible.. i agree with the other comments

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Davide P

Travelers are raving about these St Kilda hotels

Reviewed April 26, 2012

When I first knocked on the door, a lady reluctantly answered. She looked me up and down, scowled and said, '...Yes..?'
'Oh, urm, sorry, I urm, booked a room for two nights..?'
She rolled her eyes and reluctantly let me in. I mean, it's not like she's getting paid to work there so.. Oh no, wait she is.
I was then given my room key (and no instruction how to find the room).
The room STANK of cigarette smoke. There was a sheet over the window but no tied to tie it back so I had to use the cable from a charger. There was no towel so I had to use my t-shirt. The water in the shower was freezing. The bin hadn't been emptied and the room hadn't been vacuumed. There were burn marks and stains all over the carpet.
The morning before I checked out, someone actually banged on my window at 7.30am from outside and asked me for a light!
...Then 5 days later (as it works with bed bugs), the bed bug bites started to show..
I never complain about lower price accommodation. If it was a high priority, I would stay in higher rated places. While I appreciate this is a hostel, I have stayed in cheaper places and had better service. I know that it is a low star rating but if you aren't paying for basic cleanliness and service, then what are you paying for..??!
The common room is nice however.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this place
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank LalaRoseK
accomodate, Owner at Oslo Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
This review is fake. The writer did not stay at our hotel. It is very dishonest. Our review was placed on 26th April with very defamatory remarks and lies and on 28th April the same writer has written a review for Raglan Backpackers in New Zealand with over the top praise. We will take this further with Trip Advisor
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Unfortunately we were in a rush and booked a night at Oslo Horror Hotel! we were disgusted to see our room, the old damp smell, the stained carpets, the dirty bathrooms, the mold and worst of all at 5am 2 mice crawled under our bedroom door and over our luggage! the whole place is drafty and has an eery dark feel to it. The floor boards creek and during the night we were woken by a loud terrifying scream! The sinks were brown and rusty and it felt like a night in a haunted hotel, you couldn't pay me to stay there! When we complained to the manager about the mice he said he was going to do nothing about it and shut the door in our faces after refusing to refund us!!! We feel cheated out of our money and only slept there for a total of 2 hours as when we saw the mice at 5am we immediately left and had to spend the remainder of the night in a 24/7 internet cafe. The streets felt safer than our room it should come with a health hazard warning! In all honesty i feel the place should be shut down i hope an inspector investigates this further and closes it. Don't waste your time, your money or your health in this place. We regret ever stepping foot in there and hope you don't make the same mistake please read this and take it seriously we are doing you a favor.

Room Tip: Don't stay here biggest mistake ever! any other hostel is better than Oslo hotel! Mice in our ro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie A
accomodate, Owner at Oslo Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
They stayed in a double room that we mistakenly discounted from $70 per night to $57. When you stay overnight ie as they claim till 5am then there are not refunds and the description of our facilities are lies. They seemed to be trying to cheat us out of there payment ie they did not appear to be authentic in their complaint. We do not have rusty basins, brown dirty sinks and our bathrooms are renovated and clean.. These people were shown through before they decided to stay at our hotel. They seemed to be very happy when they were booking in from what they had seen.There may have been mice (which is a new problem in Melbourne and we are dealing with it) but there is no need to rubbish our whole establishment over it.
melbourne
Reviewed April 14, 2012

honestly the worst hostel in australia,The room had a terrible damp and rotting smell,bathrooms were disgusting,black ground in dirt in sinks and showers, We had mice running around our room at 5am and had to walk out and go and sit in 24hour internet shop to wait untill 10am for reception to open to check out,then when we asked for a refund the manager pretended not to be the manager and then half way through speeking to him said he was the manager then he wasnt then he was, he was rude to us, told us he did not care if we had to leave the room at 5am, He said he didnt care about the mice and he would do nothing to fix it and He refused us a refund, He slammed the shutters of reception in our face while we was discussing how bad our room was, Totally unacceptable and awfully run hostel, please dont make the same mistake as us and waste your money and risk bed bugs and if you dont want mice running around and all over your clothes and possesions do not stay there !

Room Tip: DO NOT CHOOSE ANY ROOMS ! Please take our advice and do not make the same awful mistake of staying a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve w
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 months and although we weren't in love with the place, it annoys me to see all these negative reviews. It is an old building, not in the best condition at all, the kitchen is not great, forks can be hard to find but it is no doubt the cheapest hostel in town. If you want and expect better then go and stay in a more expensive place! There is a great TV room with every channel under the sun, a nice courtyard, always a good group staying there and most importantly you are right in the heart of St.Kilda, minutes from the beach. Maybe it's a love/hate kind of place but if you hate it, go and break the bank elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Pleace, do not go to his hostel, it is NOT worth your money! After travelling 4 months, this is the worst hostel I have ever been!

The place is filthy, oldy, dirty and unsafe. The furniture is old and really dirty! The time is stayed there, I saw nobody cleaning. There is only one toilet and shower for a whole floor. And it looks sooo GROCE!!

Also the staff is really unpolite, lazy and unfriendly! When we checked in, they wanted to wait us one hour before giving us the keys ( because the wanted to have their lunch- how ridiculous!)

So one advice: DO NOT GO TO THIS HOSTEL! Please pay a little bit more and go to another better hostel instead of this awfull place!

Room Tip: Do NOT go to this hostel!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tolarno Hotel
#8 of 19 in St Kilda
Quest St Kilda Bayside
#1 of 19 in St Kilda

Been to Oslo Hotel? Share your experiences!