“DONT STAY HERE! ITS FILTHY, SO MANY RULES!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oslo Hotel

Oslo Hotel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Ennis, Ireland
“DONT STAY HERE! ITS FILTHY, SO MANY RULES!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Awful place, filthy dirty, run-down old building. Gets cleaned with a filthy old mop. Its a hostel more than a hotel. Communal kitchen is disgusting - rags covered in grease and germs are meant to wash the pots and dishes. THe refuse sacks used for food rubbish get REUSED! How horrible! This must break some hygiene rules, surely! Dont stay here, it may seem cheap but the rate advertised on the website is incorrect, false advertisement! How can they get away with it. If you are outside after 11pm the manager jonathan shouts at you to get inside and shut up, hes the rudest person I have ever met, unbelievable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank KarenTheExplorer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

Firstly, I'm an idiot. I should have read the reviews of this place on Trip Advisor before I booked it but I was in a rush to sort out accommodation as the Australian Open was on and places were booked up already. I won't make this mistake again.

This is unequivocally most disgusting place I have ever stayed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I was eaten alive by BED BUGS. When I complained to the management, their attitude was, "well.. so what?. Not my problem". They were the most horrible people I've ever met (no, people is too kind.. what's lover than dirt? some form of gelatinous, putrid scum??).

I left after the first night, even though I had 4 nights left of my stay. When I asked for my money back they told me they didn't do refunds. Add the cost of getting a new hostel 4 nights early to the cost of boil washing & drying all my clothes & cleaning my backpack (to make sure BED BUGS didn't travel with me) makes this cheap horrible little hostel a rather expensive horrible little hostel. Add also $100 bucks for a doctors visit and the cost of lotion, cream and anti histamines. This doesn't even begin to describe the time and effort of all this... Literally days, no exaggeration.

Do not stay at the Oslo "Hotel" Backpackers, you WILL be eaten by BED BUGS. You WILL have to spend large sums of money and time boil washing your clothes and cleaning & inspecting your backpack. You WILL NOT get your money back, even if you leave 4 nights early. This I GUARANTEE you. The Oslo should be condemned by the Department of Health.

On the other hand, if you are in search of the single most disgusting experience of your life, then the Oslo might be right up your alley. You have been advised.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank David_O_Duchovny

Travelers are raving about these St Kilda hotels

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

everything in this hostel is old and filthy even the people working here !
they say free parking on the road and the next morning you wake up and you have a fine or worth your car is gone!
my bedroom stink the bathroom facilities are the worth older filthyer i'v ever seen
i booked 3 night on the phone and payed them the biggest mistake of my life ...
i wooldn't recommend this hotel to my enemy

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank chrissfr
brighton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed where for 4 days after a trip I had done, and wished I hadnt, this place is not fit to even eat in, let alone sleep in it. I stayed in a single room on the stop fllor, as after being on an adventure trip for a few weeks felt I wanted a room to my self, but I found the room smelt horrible, and the bed was hard as anything to sleep on. They had a set of doors in my room which lead out on to the balcony, and they didnt feel safe or secure when I had opened them.
Also there were a couple of other rooms on the same level and they had a couple of other strange people staying in them.
I had the chance to stay down the road in Base with a couple of guys I had met on my trip and wish I had now.
The only place this seem best suited for is something along the lines of a horror movie, aviod at all costs!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gezzer30
Aberdeen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

Please please please do not stay at the Oslo hotel.
I ve been here for 2 weeks and im covered in bed bug bites and there not just in the beds there in the chairs in the computer room where i found one alive and one dead and showed the manager and they seem to think it's acceptable to spray the mattresses and the computer room and they will be gone but this is not the case.
If you dare to question there decision you will get kicked out.
Also your not allowed to play music in your room or outside in the commom area which you have to be quiet in and vacate by 11pm or the physco receptionist guy that stays in the hotel will come down bleezing drunk (he likes a drink everynight) and tell you you are all getting kicked out and that he will phone the police, not allowed visitors in your room even if they stay in the hostel. Our room has not been cleaned since saturday nor our bucket empied.
In general if you want a good experience in oz DO NOT stay here its more like a millitary camp with all the fricken rules.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Soniaaberdeen
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

This vile place calles itsself a hotel. Reception is never open, its filthy. I stayed only 2 nights and was severly ill after vacating this hell hole! Stay ona park bench than here. Noisy dirty, small rooms with no air con! ew DONT DO IT

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank BelaBu
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

Agree with several of the reviews below-this place is an insult to anywhere that calls itself a hotel. We had to move room 3 times due to each one having things crawling in the beds and ended up with horrific red and itchy bed bug bites all over us. Staff never apologised and the defiant and unapologetic manager just shrugged his shoulders, eventually calling the police (!) on us to get us to leave the building when we were just complaining about the treatment and service we'd received. Needless to say our subsequent phonecalls and requests for a partial refund have been ignored. We've stayed in some pretty grotty places in the middle of Africa before but this place was just shocking.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Chapel Street
Hotel Claremont
Hotel Claremont
#101 of 158 in Melbourne

Been to Oslo Hotel? Share your experiences!