This is the hostel we booked through STA travel. We decided to make Melbourne our first stop and where we would set everything up. When the staff were there, they were helpful and had everything set up for us in 2 days (bank accounts, medicare etc...) Do not rely on them to help you find work. They do not help you at all. The manager at the time just kept on saying she knew everyone in Melbourne and would be able to get us a job through one of her friends, which of course never happened.
The hostel it self is the worst we have ever come across. It is run down. Noisy. Dirty (even though they seem to have about 20 so called cleaners. aka, travellers who are "cleaning" to get free rent) and the staff just seem to treat it as one massive party house. It is on one of the worst streets in Melbourne where you will regularly see hookers and homeless people. I would really recommend staying in ANY other hostel. And really do not start your adventure here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ❤❤NEW MANAGEMENT AS OF 1ST OF MAY 2014❤❤ Free Wifi, Free meals Sunday - Thursday. Free freshly brewed coffee! The Coffee Palace is an institution when it comes to backpacker hostels in Melbourne. Located in the heart of St Kilda, the Coffee Palace offers the budget conscious traveler never ending memories. We insist that you must have loads of fun when staying at the Coffee Palace. We cater for all types of travelers. We have 8 bed dorms all the way down to 4 bed dorms both with and without ensuites. For the quieter type or couples, we also have twin, single and doubles available. Our rates are very reasonable, so as not to break the budget, therefor allowing you to get out and enjoy what this beautiful city has to offer. As well as spending some of your hard earned in our bar!! The bar is opened from 11am right through to 11pm. We are one of the longest serving hostels in Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nomads St Kilda Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coffee Palace Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- Nomads St Kilda Beach Greater Melbourne