“Worst place I have ever stayed in!!”

Nomads St Kilda Beach
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We were so looking forward to our holidays in oz. Our first stop was Melbourne! We arrived at coffee palace at around 8pm and my first impressions were okay, it looked a little run down but I had booked a double private room for my friend and I and the photos on the Internet looked great. Firstly the smell of hash nearly knocked me out when I got to the front door. It appeared dirty and noisy! The staff were rude and we had to wait approx half hour as the guy at reception kept getting distracted while checking us in. I nearly cried when I seem our 'private room' it was dirty, smelly and tiny!! Not at all what it looked like on Internet!! The bed sheets were stained with yellow blotches and was covered in men's hair! Hated the place, will never ever go back again!! Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shaz90210
There are newer reviews for Nomads St Kilda Beach

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The location is good but the staff is not friendly, the kitchen is not organize, everythin is dirty, the toilet are frising, the comun area is too small for everybudy.
But for sure the most big problem is the staff!!! They are really rude!!!!
I can't wait for move from this horrible place!
I'm sorry for my english but for sure is better than this place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are not good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pasticcinaaaa
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Got there early in the morning, got shoved in a room on the front.. Was disgusting, needed decorating, damp on the walls, sheets looked like they needed disinfecting.. We went straight to reception and they put us into a slightly better room that actually had carpet and was slightly decorated! Not the best!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ad M
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Despite all the negatieve things that have been posted about this hostel it's a good place to stay for some time. It might be a bit run down, a bit noisy, and the showers are defenately tricky but the staff is very ok and the location is perfect. If you want the perfect place to stay pay more and stay somewhere else, if you can accept the few downsides this is the place for you..

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The place is just disgusting, it's so dirty and old, the bathrooms are gross and the staff is extremely rude. The locks are broken, there are only 2 bathrooms per floor (around 10 rooms). Definitely too expensive for what you get...

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank denniseve
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had read the reviews prior to coming but had already booked 4 nights at the hostel, 4 days was all i needed to end up staying here most of my trip! I ended up being here for 4 months before leaving and after 3 months ended up coming back as nowhere compared! People who write bad comments need to remember there not stopping in a 5*hotel, it is a hostel!

The staff are friendly and welcoming and always up for a laugh, socially this is the best place in the world. No other place/hostel even came close. There is other hostels which yes are brand new and maybe have a professional housekeeper compared to backpackers trying to earn some Money, but you will not make the friends and have the experience of the coffee palace!

This is where i met my gf, who I'm
Now living with in the uk.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Gouldy1
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Best hostel in the world. If you've come away to meet amazing people and have the time of your life then the palace is a must. The building has so much character but it is really the atmosphere and the people that make it, if you're ready to dive right in and have a great time then you will love it. The only catch... if you're boring and don't like to get involved then you won't enjoy it! This hostel is all about the experience you have there and the way it brings all the guests together, I have met friends for life and will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo