“Wasn't sure what to expect but really loved it!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Melbourne, Australia
“Wasn't sure what to expect but really loved it!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight in a one bedroom apartment on a Saturday night! Location was perfect for us - close to everywhere we wanted to be. We weren't sure what to expect because we'd heard there was an old section and a new section and when I rang to confirm our booking learned that we were in the old section (which is apparently about to be refurbished). When we arrived and walked into our room we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very spacious and modern with everything we needed and well designed. We loved it! The service we received was excellent. The gentleman at reception (Cameron) was very friendly and helpful and very pleasant to deal with. Parking was a dream, right next to the hotel with hotel access from the car park - so different to Melbourne hotel parking where you usually have to park away from the hotel and walk with all your belongings, a little inconvenient. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in this area and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SuseCat
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your lovely feedback on your stay at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda.

It sounds like you had a great weekend in St Kilda! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your room and that the team were able to assist you with everything you needed. I have passed your feedback on to Cameron as this is the sort of service we pride ourselves on here at Adina.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda in future!

Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked a one bedroom apartment at the Adina as part of my relocating process and could not have asked for a better place to spend my 5 days whilst searching for a new home.
My unit on the 5th floor was perfect, spacious and had the most divine view over the city and the bay.
The construction next door is finished now and the noise level is what to expect on a busy road, but not a hassle. We enjoyed our evenings on the balcony.

All of the staff are very dedicated and will go out of their way to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Thank you Keira (spelling?) for being so patient and going the extra mile!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback on Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda!

The Reception Team here are fantastic, and always happy to assist wherever they can. I have passed on your special thanks to Chiara.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda some time in the future!

Gippsland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My Dad and I stayed here on a Friday night in May. I wanted to take my Dad to Melbourne to visit my daughter and spend some time in the city together. I booked a one bedroom apartment and chose this place because I got a very reasonable price on wotif and it is located about a block from where my daughter lives. I was concerned after reading mixed reviews on here but shouldn't have worried. I rang the hotel to request twin beds and to check there was parking. When we arrived the receptionist was friendly and efficient and informed me we had been upgraded to a two bedroom apartment. The apartment was huge and really nice and had everything you would require for a longer stay than ours.The bedrooms and bathroom were downstairs which would be great for a family. The apartment was at the back/side of the building and had a view over the courtyard but as we were on the 6 th floor we also had a view of St.Kilda beach. The beds were really comfortable, the apartment was clean, the parking cheap and convenient and the location is great. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby, tram stop out the front and a supermarket across the road. It's only a short stroll down Fitzroy Street to St. Kilda beach and an easy tram ride in to the city. Great value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie W
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always great to find out you've been upgraded on check in!

I hope you'll come and stay with us again next time you're in Melbourne to visit your daughter!

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I spent a weekend in one of the new apartments located in the South Tower. Aside from the need to change elevators in order to get to your room, I had a very happy experience staying here. The apartment was practically new and very clean. All expected amenities were available, I had no issues with noise and the location was perfect for an excellent Melbourne experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda when you are next in Melbourne.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are tired and in need of a refit as the apartment and block were a bit underwhelming (I've stayed in several other in the group in the last few years that were in much better condition), the laminated paper labels stuck over the old medina branding in the lift were a sign of things to come. While the apartment itself was fine it certainly was nothing special it was mostly clean and fairly spacious. However it's on the quieter end of fitzroy st (so not to noisy at night), overlooking Albert park; great spot.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay with Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda.

I am pleased to advise that we are currently undergoing a major refurbishment of our North Tower. This includes the removal of the floorboards, new carpet throughout the apartments, tiles in the kitchen, refinishing the cabinetry in the kitchens and bathrooms and replacing the bathroom feature tiles. Our permanent Adina signage has also been put up throughout the Hotel to replace the temporary signage. Next time you stay with us I'm sure you will enjoy the numerous upgrades to the property.

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for just over two weeks in a one-bedroom apartment which faced onto Fitzroy St. Overall I have marked this a 3 out of 5 but it would be easy to up the score if the housekeeping staff put a bit more effort into cleaning the apartments. When we arrived in the apartment it was clear that it was in need of a clean, just as well I take some basic cleaning materials on holiday. I cleaned the bathroom floor which was particularly grotty and also had to clean the kitchen floor. The oven wasn't particularly clean either and created blue smoke the one and only time I used it. The cooking utensils left a bit to be desired, although there wasn't very many of them anyway. Oven dishes and fry pan desperately need to be replaced. There were a few occasions when we had to ask for our rooms to be made up as our apartment had been 'missed' by housekeeping. Overall the apartment was bright, airy and well furnished.

The apartment itself was in a great location right on Fitzroy St, across the road from a supermarket and handy for trams. St Kilda beach was a 10 min walk away, worth taking a walk along the beach which is very well maintained. Fitzroy St has many bars and restaurants to choose from some of which I will review separately. At the weekends the street can be a bit noisy till the wee small hours as there are a couple of restaurants underneath the apartments so if you want complete quite, then ask for rooms other than over Fitzroy. I actually quite enjoyed being able to watch the comings and goings from the balcony and because the bedroom was at the back of the apartment this wasn't a problem during the night. Melbourne CBD is only 15mins away on the tram. Buy a miki card for use on the trams as there is no facility on the tram for cash. A number of ticket top up deals are available from all of the supermarkets. Wifi is available but costs, pay by the hour, 24 hour period or for a week. The week option costs $66 for up to 2 gadgets. This probably needs reviewing as I personally think wifi should come as part of the package for the apartment.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay in St Kilda and the apartment could be so much better if the housekeeping standards were improved. We would stay here again if visiting Melbourne.

Room Tip: Apartments on Fitzroy St can get noisy in the evenings.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time here in Melbourne. Adina St Kilda really is in the perfect spot with the park across the road, lots of restaurants and the trams on the doorstep.
Our Housekeeping team have recently undergone a complete retraining program, so I think next time you stay you won't have any issues with the cleanliness. We are also in the process of a major refurbishment so you will notice a number of changes to the apartments next time you stay.

Prestwick, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed in the Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda for ten nights recently whilst visiting family in Melbourne. Our room was a duplex one bedroom apartment on the Fitzroy Street aspect with fantastic views to the city, Port Phillip and over Albert Park. The only disadvantage to this position was the street noise in the early morning from the trams, refuge collection and the bowling club across the road at the weekends.

The apartment was well equipped with all the amenities necessary for a comfortable long or short stay. However the standard of cleaning in the apartment was less than acceptable on occasion and on more than one occasion the bins were not emptied. There was dust in our apartment on tables and work surfaces including the phones that was not cleaned after 7 days. I believe that the cleaning of the apartments has been sub contracted to an outside agency and having read some of the other reviews they should reconsider this decision.

On two occasions I asked the reception staff (woo) to book and reserve a car for me on both occasions this was not done. However to be fair when I highlighted this to Cameron a member of staff the next day he apologised and said that he would phone the car hire and make the book immediately.

Having used the gym facilities on a number of occasions during my stay I would have to highlight that the water cooler was refreshed every day, however on more tha one occasion there were no paper cups to drink from. I highlighted this to a member of the housekeeping staff who smiled at me and turned and walked away, I am still waiting for a cup.

I always try to be positive in my reviews, this is a property in an excellent location with fantastic views of the city and nearby which is let down by poor standards of cleanliness and some staff who could be much more professional in their approach and require retraining in customer service skills.

An unfortunate stay during a fantastic trip month long trip to Australia

Room Tip: Try to get a room on Fitzroy Street with views of the city and Albert Park
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

At the time you stayed with us we were experiencing some issues with Housekeeping. I am pleased to advise that since then we have had a new Housekeeping Supervisor come on board. Our new Supervisor has completed extensive training with the team.

I'm sorry that the car was not booked for you on your first request, but I'm happy that Cam was able to assist you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Kilda
Southbank
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank
Docklands
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda? Share your experiences!