“Great Place to Stay to Experience St Kilda”

Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband booked a night at the Medina in St Kilda as part of an anniversary celebration.
It was well located, well priced and well appointed. We were both surprised at how quiet it was (we had a room at the back) although there was some loud truck noise early in the morning but otherwise pretty terrific for the price.

Front of House staff were helpful and the location is perfect if you are having a night out in St Kilda - right near tram stops and within walking distance to restaurants and cafes. Just a shame there is no pool - though the beach is just a hop, step, jump away. Very good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a fantastic anniversary celebration too!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We really liked our studio, it had everything we needed for our short stay. Kitchen is well equipped, not that we cooked as the location is fabulous, plenty of good restaurants next to the hotel. Staff were very friendly, overall an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, not on the street.Trams run by all the time.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Medina St Kilda.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I totally understand not making use of the kitchen facilities in your apartment though! It's hard to resist some of the restaurants on Fitzroy Street!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina in the future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Lots of cafes and restaurants close (dont miss Fitzrovia next door .. superb). Short walk to tram stop for cbd or luna park, the beach and acland st although it is an easy 15-20 minute walk with interesting architecture along the way. Reception area was small, common in st kilda but staff still managed to store our luggage so we could arrive early and head out for the day. We stayed in the south tower, longish corridors and 2 lifts to our modern well equipped apartment but worth it. A very comfortable stay, a/c, beds were great, dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, large flat screen tv, double shower heads and nice inclusions. On checkout we were unable to view an older apartments as they are occupied by longer term tenants. They have great balconies overlooking the street and we wanted to book one during january. Loved the buzzy area around the hotel (great restaurants, don't miss Fitzrovia next door) and decided we would trade off any noise for the street watching. Excellent IGA supermarket across the street is stocked with a great selection of gourmet foods plus all the usual fgroceries and nice cold beer or wine after a days sightseeing to enjoy on the balcony. There is obviously a difference between apartments here and there is construction still taking place commencing around 9am. I recommend you convey your needs to the accomodating staff and you will not be disappointed. Be careful booking closer to the beach if bustling streets are not your thing, busy & noisy.

Room Tip: Nicely equipped apartment beats a hotel room any day, check out wotif.com and you may even snag a ba...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chardygal

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I absolutely agree with you about our location - it really is the best part of Fitzroy Street.

I hope we'll be seeing you again in January when you return to Melbourne!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Nothing special here, but it did the job. I agree that the word 'executive' is pushing it a bit.

I chose this for the location, for which it was perfect: beach, good supermarket just opposite and down a bit; bars, veg-out; trams; city, etc., but the balcony looked out over the building site, and the long walk and two lifts from and to reception was a pain (though not that bad in retrospect).

I was lucky to have a nice room near the back, with a good sitting area, kitchen and sleeping area. The building works next door didn't bother me as much as it seems to have done others. I was mostly there over the weekend, and mostly out.

The staff were nice and helpful, but you have to be aware that you are booking a self-catering room. Don't expect hotel lounges or anything of that sort. In the end I thought that I had quite enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I would go for the back, as there can be noise on the main strip at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I can understand from reading some of the reviews here that you would be concerned about the two lifts to the South Tower, but as you have noted, it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be! Likewise the noise from the constructon. As they're just finishing off the building, the noise is barely noticable.

We look forward to welcoming you back if you return to St Kilda in future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

After spending all week at a basic apartment off chapel street for business sleeping on a fold out bed i was so excited to be joined by my partner for a relaxing weekend in our premier room in st kilda. I read good reviews on here so booked in a rush but boy do i wish i had kept reading.

I arrived alone and was first impressed by the size of our room, that's where my good review stops. I went out on the balcony (level 3 room 65) only to see that to my right was an entire new hotel being built metres away and the sound was deafening with construction work going on and the strong smell of paint, plus no privacy as the workers could all see me. my balcony looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a decade with cigarette butts everywhere and newspaper and general other rubbish floating about.
I went inside to continue looking around and although the frosted glass bathroom doors look cool at first i had to struggle to even slide them open as there obviously very used and had, also not the greatest having it right next to the bed as you feel like there is no privacy.

I am a light sleeper and had needed a good sleep all week so i went to reception to ask if my room could be changed to the front of the building as far away as possible from the construction but they said they couldn't help me til the next morning.

There was an odd sound from the second i got there to when i left like a plane is constantly going overhead or rolling thunder, i thought it must have been the air con so turned it off but still this odd noise was still there. Surely enough saturday morning i was woken up at 7am firstly because the walls are like paper and i could hear conversations people were having in other rooms, babies screaming, dogs barking?? 3 floors up, constant banging and people walking on the floor above sounded like a stampede! Once i was awake the blinding bright light that comes through the bathroom was so overpowering i decided to go rest on the fold out couch in the lounge room before the construction work started up and deafened me.

To relax i decided to run a bath and enjoy the spa bath. once filled i got in and it was luke warm so i emptied a little and tried again and again to make it hot but clearly the hot water was running out so i eventually gave up, not before a housekeeper let them selves in to our room! I had only just closed the bathroom door minutes before right in view of the door and was shocked they would come in, they may have knocked but all the other noises are so loud neither of us heard. This was because they thought we had changed rooms already so i called reception and they said they could meet me at a room to have a look at.

I went down to meet them by a room but know one was there but housecleaning who let me in, the room had no view whatsoever and was half the size of the room we had splurged $250 on with no spa bath and still right underneath our room so close to the construction. Finally when the guy from reception came down i was walking back to my room and i told him i wasn't happy at all and wasn't going to change to an even worse room and he offered me no other option and was hopeless.

The last and final thing that made it the worst place I've literally ever stayed was the fact you had to get two elevators from the lobby to get to the building our room was in, which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take a few minutes each, literally making a walk to the lobby 8 minutes long, which is a lot when i had to go down to collect a DVD player, then back again because they hadn't given me the cord, and back again for a remote with batteries.

I couldn't un recommend this place highly enough it was truly disappointing from the get go you couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eff O

I'm sorry it was not as enjoyable as you hoped.

There is construction of a new apartment building occurring next door. The noise is minimal though as they are just putting the finishing touches on it now. If you leave the balcony door closed you won't hear any noise from it. As we are in a residential area you will occasionally get some noise from the surrounding area such as dogs barking, however again, if the balcony door is closed it will block it out. If noise from other guests was bothering you then I hope this was reported to Reception. If we are made aware of the problem we can speak to the other guests about it. Unfortunately room moves are not always possible due to the very high occupancies we operate at. This is particularly true on weekends.

The frosted glass doors to the bathroom do offer complete privacy. We understand that on occasion they can be hard to slide if they have been pushed off their runners, however this could have been fixed with a quick call to Reception.

We are currently in the process of installing a new elevator in the North Tower, so this should significantly speed up the time to get to the South Tower.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for a few days before my wedding, and the 2 bedroom apartment was perfect! There was heaps of space for all of the bridesmaids to get ready, the hair & make up ladies came to us, and there was still lots of space. Beautiful apartment, great kitchenette, and comfy beds. Only downside was that our apartment only had 1 bathroom, though 2 doors into it!
We had a great balcony, with spectacular views right across Albert Park, all the from the Bay to the city. Stunning view, and no noise from the street below.
Very handy location, with a supermarket down the road, and great cafes everywhere!

Room Tip: Pick one at the front of the hotel for amazing views of the city
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope the wedding went well.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with the size of this apartment considering that its hard to find such roomy accommodation so close to the city.
Great location in Saint Kilda and great value.
I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend it to others.
The only downside was the gym - the photos on the web page were very deceiving as in reality it is tiny!

• Stayed: November 2012
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Medina St Kilda. Medina Apartment Hotels offer spacious apartments in all of their properties to ensure you are provided with a home away from home experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!
Kind Regards

Vibe Hotel Carlton
#94 of 162 in Melbourne
Southbank
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda? Share your experiences!