“Perfect for the lads”

Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Kilda
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here with 3 mates in a 3 bedroom apartment for a weekend at the races. Overall we were very pleased with the apartment and if I had a minor gripe the housekeeping was adequate but not outstanding (little things like a pizza box left behind after cleaning). The apartment was in excellent condition with all fittings and amenities functioning. The greatest asset for us was the location with a multitude of restaurants, bars and pubs all within easy walking distance. This coupled with easy transport access made it a great choice. Given the good value this apartment represented I would have no hesitation in staying at the Medina again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SasandCas
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Three Bedroom apartments are perfect for a weekend away with a few friends. It so much nicer to have everyone in the same apartment rather than multiple hotel rooms.

With regard to Housekeeping, if they think you may not be finished with something (ie a slice of pizza left in the box) then they will not throw it away. We would hate to throw out something a guest still wanted.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel, otherwise we look forward to welcoming you back to Medina St Kilda in the future.

Medina Executive St Kilda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This place advertises itself as a 4.5 star establishment. It is not - probably 2.5 star in my opinion.

Good things: Great location, good price for the location, helpful staff who promptly responded to complaints despite obviously being restricted by the limited resources available.

Bad things: The furnishings were incomplete - one of the cupboard doors did not fit in its frame, others were not finished and had joiner's numbers scrawled on them in felt pen. The air conditioner was set to a code that would not allow heating on a very cold night - the night manager had to dig around a fair bit to be able to reset the code at 1 am and then had to provide us with extra duvets to fight the cold! The spa bath was sumptuous and tempting but did not come with a plug, so it could not be used; nor was a plug made available when requested. The bathroom was otherwise good but the towels were thin and seemed to have been bought at BigW.

I would not stay at Medina Apartments again, given this experience.

Room Tip: Inspect the room thoroughly upon checkin and promptly ask to change it if it is not up to the advert...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I'm sorry to read that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been. Unfortuantely we have found that there is a manufacturing fault in the white covers on the kitchen cabinetry. This has caused some of the white plastic to come off, leaving just the MDF doors. I assure you the rooms are completed. We are working towards getting all of these doors replaced in the near future.

We have an energy saving AC remote in all of our rooms. They are designed to keep the room temperature between 21 & 24 degrees. As they are a univeral remote, they do need to be set to a code, which sometimes gets deleted when guests attempt to override the temperature settings.

Thank you also for your feedback on the towels. I will speak to our linen provider about this issue.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a good stay at Medina, although having stayed at other Medina properties i felt that there is still room for improvements.

Thumbs Up for: Good location, easy access to trams, cool cafes, bakeries, bars within walking distance

Thumbs Down for: Leaky shower screen in room 83, flooding the floor, crappy reception on TV, two lifts and a maze to get to level 5

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with Medina St Kilda.

I'm glad you enjoyed our fantastic location and had the time to get out and enjoy the local area.

Thank you for providing the room number for your stay. I will ensure that maintenance looks at the shower to rectify the leak. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about the 2 lifts though! We are getting another lift installed soon, so that will speed things up considerably.

Should you wish to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Amazing in one way. Minute squashed dent attracting car park. They boast it's free. Would not pay for it. Rooms very average, glass only enclosing shower and toilet (stay with someone you know) and weird central console with TV on it. Access to rooms is arduous as there are two blocks so in our case two lifts. Waste of time. The free breakfast at 2 Doors Down the only positive. Won't be going back.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with Medina St Kilda.

I'm sorry to see that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I can assure you that the frosted glass in the bathrooms is not see through. It is a heavier frosting than you would find on most external bathroom windows.

The TV cabinets in the Studio Apartments are designed so that you can rotate the TV. You can then watch TV either from the bedroom or the lounge area.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was really excited about coming to St Kilda as I had heard good things about it. We checked into the Medina as the location was good and price was even better, but that is we're the good review stops.
We had not been informed on check in that there was construction occurring which promptly began at 7am the following morning outside our bedroom window. This was after listening to the neighbouring rooms until the small hours of the morning.
The walls are thin so I could hear the conversation almost word for word, doors opening and slamming shut and footsteps like an elephant was running through the room.
The room decor in the kitchenette area was dated un matching and missing hadles, the glass frosted pane from bedroom to lounge area was broken with a large crack running through it and the tv channels were all fuzzy.
I would not recommend staying here if you appreciate your sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a great nights sleep. Please remember that Reception is available 24 hours to assist. If the guests in the next room are making noise, please let us know so that we can contact them about it.

Unfortunately the construction site is able to start work at 7am on weekdays and 8 am on Saturdays. Thankfully this will soon be finished as they have now taken down the crane and they have an early 2013 completion date for the building.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my husband's choice as we could not agree on one so I said "over to you" (I did say it with a smile though :)). I really liked the Medina St Kilda. The room was divided with sliding glass doors for the bedroom and bathroom. Well stocked kitchen including washing machine, dryer and one drawer dishwasher. Everything was spotlessly clean, bed comfy and had a little courtyard. My husband said (well I thought I should consult him about my review seeing it was his choice) it was a bit noisy due to building works however that is something that will soon go away. Location was good, just about 15 min walk to main shops of St Kilda. Breakfast was at a cafe called "2 doors up" which was basically 2 doors up from the hotel. We only had time for a one nighter at the Medina but we would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Your husband has good taste in choosing hotels! You will be pleased to know for your next stay that the construction works should be completed by early 2013. The crane has been taken down now, so that has significantly reduced the noise first thing in the morning.

I agree with you about the beds too! They are very comfy!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina St Kilda on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've stayed here twice now and would go back again. The apartments are a good size, and clean and I love the convenience of having a kitchen if you want it. There are trams right out front or a two minute walk away that will get you into downtown within 15 minutes and cost peanuts. This makes it a great place to stay, especially in the summer because you have the option of just walking down to the beach if it's really hot.

Try to get a room overlooking the park as it's pretty and peaceful.

Our only downside was that the second time, it was a 40 degree day and the air conditioning couldn't quite keep up, however in a 40 degree day, I'm not sure that any AC could.

Quite helpful front desk staff too.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay with Medina St Kilda.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that the team here were able to assist you with everything you needed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Melbourne!