All reviews round room hub cafe great location spa bath comfortable bed mini bar the room was nice good size twin room luna park front door late check public transport melbourne cbd palais theatre tram city
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019

Room was clean and tidy, with all our needs met. The location was great and was close to the place we were there to go to.
our only issue was that the milk in the fridge was ice solid and did not go into the coffee well. The two eatery's down stairs were a high light though, coffee was great and all meals were well priced and to a very high standard.

Room tip: meals were exellent
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HasiHNK315, Duty Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2019

Dear Dean W

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments.

We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Location was amazing, food was excellent, communal facilities were great.......but the room was VERY basic. Bit of a let down. I'm sure I got the runt of the litter, as the imagery on the site depicted rooms that were significantly more premium than the one I stayed in. I've stayed in many Rydges locations, and the rooms have always been significantly better than this one.

Room tip: Do not accept room 116!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Steppo1974

Thank you for your recent patronage. I am sorry to read that we did not tick all the boxes during your stay but appreciate you mentioning our location and food. Feedback such as yours allows us to identify areas of improvement and I thank you for providing a review.

Hasi

Reviewed August 19, 2019

The room was dirty and , had not beem cleaned to what we would have thought for a motel at time level, . the dust on the tv . the tv was luck it didnt fall of the wall one bed could watch the tv on the angle it was on it and the another bed had to one made look straight up to . , the toilet was not cleaned , when the lid was lifted it was dirty !! . The air con made that much noise you could nt use it or you couldn't use it, . Everything in the room needs a goog clean and repair very dissapointed . GLAD WE ONLY BOOKED ONE NIGHT

Room tip: wouldn't go back as we were looking a motel to stay at 2 or 3 times a month for work very dissapointed
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HasiHNK315, Duty Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear Shoreline89

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your stay was disappointing, It's a shame that you didn't speak with our duty managers who could have certainly moved you to another room.

If you do decide to visit St Kilda again I would like to offer you a complementary upgrade, kindly contact me directly at hasitha_hettige@evt.com

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

Rydges hotel in Fitzroy Street St Kilda was a hotel that offered a little bit of eclectic attitude as the lifts have a view of 2 of St Kilda's iconic sights. Although the room we stayed in was a little tired it was very comfortable and quiet for a room that fronted the main road due to double glazing on the windows. The staff were very helpful and looked after us during our stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 258GaryF

Dear 258GaryF

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments.

We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

We booked a night at Rydges for a few reasons-
1. we were seeing a concert at the Palais
2. We live 70 minutes away and didn’t want to drive home that night
3. We hadn’t seen each other for almost 6 weeks because one of us was interstate for work (and we wanted a romantic night away from our adult kids)

Rydges was disappointing in almost every way.
The hotel is extremely tired and smelly.
It has stains in the carpet and peeling paint on the walls.
The room had the most basic of furnishings and the bed was very uncomfortable. There were building works right outside our window which woke us at 8 am and meant we left within the hour instead of checking out at 11.
The room was cold, uninviting and just not appealing at all. The shower wasn’t of the cleanliness standard I’d expect in a hotel either.

We had booked a king room (so not the cheapest most basic option) and expected a little better especially given that we are Rydges members.

My husband wasn’t happy for us to ask for a nicer room or go and find somewhere else so we stayed put, (I didn’t have the energy to argue) but we certainly won’t be returning or recommending it to others.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple