All reviews round room hub cafe great location spa bath comfortable bed mini bar the room was nice good size twin room luna park front door late check public transport melbourne cbd palais theatre tram city
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Was an adequate room for a quick stay. Air con was a bit annoying as it was hard to operate and sometimes came on and other times it did not. Was not worth complaining about, just an observation. Also we were in the disabled room and found bathroom lacked space to put toiletries and hang clothing while showering.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HasiHNK, Duty Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments.

Hasi H

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

The room was good. Very clean & quiet but for room service staff early in the morning - who were too noisy. There were also several mix ups with my booking (which I changed/extended during my stay) and those were annoying (e.g. being locked out of the hotel at night & being locked out of my room each time I left it). Other than that (and poor water pressure in the shower), it was a good place to stay. The lad who checked me in v late was great too. It's an awful location but I'd stay in the hotel again because the room was very good (comfy big bed & spacious room) & most service was eally good also.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments. We sorry to hear that you had few issues during your stay.

Hasi H

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here twice. I enjoyed my stay each time. I get a complimentary drink or coffee from the wine bar/cafe on arrival. The accommodation is always comfortable with a large room and desk, very good wifi, the room is cleaned and beds made each day. It is right in the middle of St Kilda, team station at the front, close to shops, wine bars, beach, and Woolworths.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
RichardPZ, Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback- we really appreciate your comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2019

With over 28 stays of 1 to 3 nights at a time during the past 2&1/2 years driving from Sydney to Melbourne to see my customers I have become a big fan of the Rydges St Kilda. From Richard the Operation Manager to all of the front desk staff, the barmans and barmaids after a long day working without forgetting the baristas and helpers at the breakfast counter, you all have welcomed me month after month with warmth, genuine and professional customer service. It is no wonder that Rydges St Kilda will remain my home away from home for business or pleasure stays when in Melbourne again in the future. Cheers and Thank You!

Room tip: Become a Black Level Member of the Rydges Hotels Group
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback- we really appreciate your comments. We are so glad to be your home away from home.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2019

St Kilda has a wealth of restaurants and Rydges gives easy access to both Fitzroy Street and Ackland Street precincts. Near the beachfront for great walks, but also right by the tramline to Melbourne City and Chinatown. Tram tickets from 7-11 just up the street. Parking available under the hotel with secure gate. Staff all helpful and smiley. A great place to base out of to see and taste Melbourne.

Room tip: Ask for beach views.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments.

We hope you enjoyed your time while in St Kilda and enjoyed the local area.