All reviews round room hub cafe great location spa bath comfortable bed mini bar the room was nice good size twin room luna park front door late check public transport melbourne cbd palais theatre tram city
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

After getting married in Sydney over the weekend and our pending move to Melbourne my husband and I thought we would spend one night to relax and decompress at Rydes St Kilda. Instead of staying with friends the $99 price tag was too hard to miss.
Once I opened the door I realised what a big mistake this had been, right across the road was a construction site and I knew immediately there would be no relaxation and a very early wake up.
Not to mention I work in construction back in Sydney so I find it ironic I come to escape the noise only to wake up to it the very next morning.

It would have been nice just to be told in advance about the construction site and work times.

Besides this unfortunate situation the room is large with a super comfy bed. All enjoyed before 7am.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear AllyDobson,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and apologies for the poor experience during your stay with us. The construction site unfortunately is a bit of a hit and miss where on some days they are super busy and then on others there barely seems to be anything going on at all. It's just a shame that you didn't speak to one of our staff on the day as I'm sure they would have gladly moved you to another room.

We hope to welcome you back should you decide to visit St Kilda again.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Located near lots of cafes, bars and restaurants on Fitzroy St., public transport right at the front door. Clean, spacious and comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff.

Secure parking $30 per night. Restaurant/bar closed on Sunday night.

Our room was looking a little tired in places but pretty good overall. Bed was ok but not plush and certainly not new. Aircon was effective. Plenty of natural light overlooking Jackson St and still very quiet.

Room tip: Our room at the back of the 3rd floor was very quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Bernie R,

Thank you for that wonderful feedback, so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to welcome you back should you visit St Kilda again.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

our room needed a bit of an upgrade and new coat of paint, but for the position alone, it is a good value hotel. the staff were friendly and the check in and out was quick. trams to the city are at the doorstep and the food and shopping in Accland st. are a few stops away. make sure you ask for a room away from the noise of the nearby pub at the back of the building - at least there are a few trees to look at out the window.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi cathyw32m,

Thank you for taking the time to post that valuable feedback. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back when you're in St Kilda next.

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Chipped tiles! Not a few but heaps. Sunken beds no windows looking out. We were supposed to be in a premium room but it was so run down. We were changed to a room looking onto a light well. For almost $300 for the night!
Staff were lovely though

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Dear E1694BHtracys,

I'm sorry that you felt that initial room was run down, however I'm glad the staff immediately offered you a solution by moving you to another Premier Spa Room. I believe this was already explained that we have 2 different layouts and you were moved to one with a courtyard view.

Should you decide to visit St Kilda again I would like to offer to personally look after your stay, kindly email me directly at richard_pietersz@evt.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2019

This hotel had a great location, parking was easy. The staff were lovely and we were left a bottle of champagne for my girlfriends and I on a Mum's night out. The room had everything we needed and we had a lovely breakfast in the cafe downstairs.

Room tip: Great location
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear stanandlindafox,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we're glad you had a great stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back when you're in St Kilda next.

Kind Regards