All reviews round room hub cafe great location spa bath comfortable bed mini bar the room was nice good size twin room luna park front door late check public transport melbourne cbd palais theatre tram city
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019

This hotel had a great location, parking was easy. The staff were lovely and we were left a bottle of champagne for my girlfriends and I on a Mum's night out. The room had everything we needed and we had a lovely breakfast in the cafe downstairs.

Room tip: Great location
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear stanandlindafox,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we're glad you had a great stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back when you're in St Kilda next.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Nice and handy location for quiet getaway. The spa room with wet area shower was great, very neat and tidy.
Limited parking downstairs, but easy access to reception.
Plenty of light in room as the windows were facing the central atrium.
Plenty of places very close by for eating and tram stops right outside.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sparkymate
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Dear Sparkymate,

Thank you for taking the time to post that wonderful review.

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Reviewed March 27, 2019

Rooms: rooms did not look like the photos online, it was dated, furniture was a bit worn and stained
Location: Good location with lots of restaurants around the area, st Kilda is a beautiful area
Facilities: Used their gym, the gym was tiny and had very little equipment.
Cleanliness: Generally not too bad, but it was a bit dated, bed was quite comfortable tho

• Trip type: Traveled on business
RichardPZ, Operations Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear Zhouwenliang L,

I'm sorry that your stay was disappointing, It's a shame that you didn't speak with our duty managers who could have certainly moved you to another room.

If you do decide to visit St Kilda again I would like to offer you a complementary upgrade, kindly contact me directly at richard_pietersz@evt.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

I had read that the hotel was quite good but we were very disappointed with the room we were provided. It was smelly - musty and smokey and looked nothing like the photos. I never complain but I actually had no hesitation going back to reception and asking if a refund was an option. To the hotel staff’ credit they did try to assist us to find a better room. The end result was significantly better than what was offered to us initially but the hotel is in need of an upgrade. Staff were friendly and did try very hard to recover the situation so we were grateful for that. The location is great but I would not stay again. Sorry guys.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear CatherinecE3986GR,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry that you felt the first room was not too impressive. The last this I want if for guests to leave the property with a negative experience hence I'm glad that you took up our offer for a complementary upgrade to one of our Executive Spa Rooms.

I really hope you enjoyed the bottle of wine our staff organised too.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2019

I'm a business traveller. used to various price points for hotels.
The desk and chair are not comfortable to work at for long periods as the chair is too low and the desk area has a very sharp edge on the laminate.
For the price the rooms are starting to look a little tired, the laminate has chips and cracks.
Water pressure in shower was just OK. Shower almost stops when you flush the toilet.
Bed is comfortable
Room is quiet even with noise audible in corridor
Customer service was great. Friendly at reception and cafe. I forgot my shirts in wardrobe and they had them driven to another hotel for pickup !
Don't expect much from the gym & sun deck. They are using a lot of poetic license with the description. Gym is a bike, treadmill and multi-gym in a small glass box. sun deck barely has enough room for one sun lounger and is surrounded by a high wall. Outlook is of the backs of high-rises and glimpses of city
Overall OK, if you get a good deal i would recommend for business, if you pay RRP it's over priced.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi Andy L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I'm glad the we were able to handover your shirts that were left behind.

Your stay dates coincided with the F1 Grand Prix wich was held at Albert Park, a short walk away from the hotel. I'm sorry that you felt the rates were high however they were inline with most properties in and around this event.

If you do visit St Kilda again kindly look us up, we always have some great accommodation deals in store.

Warm Regards