Rydges St Kilda
Apartments Ink(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
Orbitz.com
    Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $128
    $116
    • Fitness center
    Tolarno Hotel(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $99
    $54
    • Restaurant
    Novotel Melbourne St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $135
    $103
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    The Prince(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $137
    $107
    Hotels.com
    • Restaurant
    Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $109
    $93
    Agoda.com
    $110
    $103
    Agoda.com
    Quest St Kilda Bayside(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $187
    Trip.com
    • Pool
    • Fitness center
    $76
    $74
    Habitat HQ(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
    $58
    $33
    Hostelworld.com
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsround roomgreat locationsun deckcomfortable bedfree wifithe room was nicemini barluna parktwin roompublic transportmelbourne cbdpalais theatrecafehubtramcityst
    Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stayed for 5 nights in March 2010. The Urban is a great hotel. Not luxurious but very comfortable and in the middle of all the action in St Kilda.

King beds are comfortable in simple, almost plain rooms. Plain but with a good feeling and with enough in the room to keep us happy. This included reasonable wine glasses, free internet, small table, chair and lounge style chair with foot futon. Internet service was sometimes spotty which seems consistent with past stays and other reviewers.

OK room service but with so many restaurants within walking distance there's not much call for room service... The windows are double glazed at the front of the hotel so although we were on Fitzroy st, the noise was not much and did not interrupt my sleep.

Parking onsite was good and very welcome as we were there when the huge hailstorm came through and the rental car was just fine. Only downside is you must exit the car to buzz reception to open the gate to carpark.

Good breakfast in small cafe out the front and reasonably priced.

I've stayed at this hotel on visits to Melbourne over the last 6 years, including the rebrand from The Marque, and will continue to stay here in the future. The hotel is very good and excellent value for money. Keep up the good work and as long as the rates are good I'll keep visiting :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
    sasfrazer, General Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2010

Dear jo,

It's so nice when a return guest takes the time to come on here and give the property a shout out. Sounds to me like this is an old fave of yours and I'm really happy that we have retained your business through and after the rebrand to Urban.

While our restaurant is lovely, I do agree with you on the area and the amazing dining choices that our out there. I think our brekky is one of the best on the strip, but I would definatelty ventuer out while you are in the area and try some of Melbournes best restaurants.

We look forward to seeing you again, and thankyou very much for your loyal business.

Reviewed March 4, 2010

We booked in here for 1 night and wished we had stayed more. Offered on site parking which is really valuable in St kilda. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful .Small restaurant was inexpensive and meals good.
    Good vibe throughout hotel, trendy decor, room was great, very modern, spotlessly clean with good size bathroom.No view from room but that didnt worry us. Also rooms are back from main street so were quiet. Room only needed an extra chair. Staff said we only had to ask and they would have provided one.
    Loved the lift- like walking onto the local pier
    Trams right outside to everywhere if you needed. Close to beach, sea baths, Luna Park and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Gail,

One night in St Kilda is a short trip indeed! You would have just dipped your toes in the water. Such a fun strip of bars and restaurants (I haven't triesd them all and I've been here for 18 months!).

It's great that you enjoyed your stay. I'll pass on your compliment to my staff, they are such a great group of people. They really care about their jobs and I'm constantly delighted by the reviews that they get both on TA and on our in house guest cards. I LOVE them.

Have a wonderful day and I hope that next time you are in the area you come back to us,

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Urban St. Kilda was our home-away-from-home for 5 night in January. For what it was, I would definitely recommend this place. We wanted something near downtown, but with more parking and less hassle than being in downtown proper. Urban is a short drive or a short tram ride from downtown, and has a free private underground car-park for guests. Add in that its right by the beach, in the middle of a great restaurant and nightlife scene, and at a reasonable price, and what's not to like? Urban also had free internet in the room, which was a blessing for my husband who was finishing up some work and needed constant access for his laptop.
    The bed was very comfortable, and i appreciate the modern decor of the room - very calming. We had a view of downtown (albeit from afar) from our room, so why bother with distracting decoration. We had the middle-tier room and the bathroom was great, if a little small. I LOVED the toiletries so much I am considering tracking them down for use at home. Nice robes as well - we aren't robe people and both lived in them. Only downside in the bathroom was not much shelf space for your stuff.
    Bottom line, this hotel was comfortable (if a little small) and reasonably priced. But it's true value is in the location. We did something cool and different in St. Kilda every night, and several days, and we walked to everything- restaurants, cafes, shopping, sea baths, St Kilda Pier, and the beach. And though St. Kilda is always hopping, 24/7, we were never bothered by the noise from outside. Maybe 20 minutes on the tram to downtown from a stop just in front of the hotel, which was easy and affordable as well. Urban St. Kilda is not luxurious. But its quirky and artsy and perfectly placed for fun. Only real downer to staying here was that the hotel bar was often closed. They were happy to get us beer or ice, but it was not an option for hanging out for a quick drink. But in St. Kilda, there were so many options within just a block for drinks, it really was not a big deal.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed February 13, 2010

I thought this was a lovely hotel in a great location in St Kilda, with central Melbourne only a 30 minute tram ride away.

I found the staff friendly and helpful - a nice change from some of the stuffier big chains.

Having free internet and wireless was a great bonus- wifi did keep dropping albeit briefly, but hey, it was free!

The room itself was comfortable and bright despite only looking out onto another building... which was a shame, but nothing that they can really do anything about; and the bathroom was clean and with a nice shower with great toiletries.

Only reason I didn't give 5 stars - a bit of a stuffy smell in the room (the air conditioning, apparently). But for a St Kilda hotel, I thought it was great, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
    1  Thank malbecblue

Dear malbec,

Thankyou for your lovely comments. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay.

So sorry about the internet - it is patchy at times. We are working with our internet providor at the moment to look at solutions for this, but the progress, like the internet is a bit patchy :) We will get there though and in the meantime, you're right, it's free!

I would love to see you round these parts again.

Best,

Reviewed February 10, 2010

room was big, very clean, with friendly and helpful staff. nice breakfast.
    Some wireless problems at the room...otherwise no complains

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
    sasfrazer, General Manager at Rydges St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2010

Dear Friend of Urban,

Thankyou very much for your time. We are suitably delighted that you had a nice stay and look forward to seeing you next time you are in our neck of the woods.

Best,