“Tasty food”

Lava in Balaclava
Ranked #54 of 318 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We visited on a groupon voucher, however we were treated in a welcoming manner. Food plentiful and fresh and tasty. Freshly made apple juice Great! Staff very friendly.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

we visited for a family breakfast. The food was good however the service really let the down. My husband on more than one occasion had to break them away from the staff conversations at the bar to ask for coffee then water.
The waitress on giving us a fresh bottle of water dropped the water bottle. The water went on the table and in my bag, she wiped the table, I found the water in my bag when we went to pay...
That wasn't the worst of it. When she dropped the water she exclaimed WTF in front if my step daughter. This language is not acceptable when serving customers and it's even worse in front of children. Please train your people in customer service.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

This Cafe is in a busy enough spot in a place called Balaclava which is a sub suburb of St Kilda not too far from the beach very close to a station the ambience inside is great the seating the papers and all that fantastic the coffee is the price of a coffee anywhere and not all that bad though you get it in a glass however once you get beyond the toast which is 6 dollars 50 by the way you're heading up to the $20 mark so I would say it is a great Pit Stop to have a coffee but there are better eateries around at better prices so as far as coffee bars in St Kilda goes I would still give it a 7

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

I visited Lava on Balaclava on a Sunday afternoon for a family lunch. The staff greeted us upon arrival & were very friendly. The food was nice & well priced & breakfast is served all day. They also have high chairs & a kids menu.
I would not hesitate visiting again if in the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We have visited here a few times as it's one of our local eateries, the food has always been excellent, lots of food options, friendly staff and great service.