Visited Melbourne for the Grand Designs Home Show. We had seen the hotel on a previous visit.
- Great location - St Kilda is a nice spot to base yourself in on a visit - easy to get trams anywhere in the city
- Lots of good places to eat nearby
- The reception staff are excellent - very helpful with tips on getting around, tram passes and meal vouchers
- Rooms are not as funky as the exterior design suggests. But our room was large and comfortable
- Shower extract fan was very noisy
- Noise from other guests in the corridors and parking area late at night was annoying
- Breakfast in the hotel café was basic but again good value
But overall a pleasant stay at a great price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in the action of Melbourne’s favourite beachside playground, this 86 room boutique hotel is a perfect base to explore St Kilda, Melbourne, and its surrounds. Moments away from St Kilda Beach, Palais Theatre, Iconic Luna Park as well as famous Acland Street cake shops, cafes, restaurants, and bars. There's so much to explore and quite a bit of history too. Influenced by St Kilda's entertaining scene in the 50s to 70s, Cosmopolitan was once known as the Rock and Roll hotel, popular with a number of great Aussie icons and international performers. Catering to all budgets whether it be for business or leisure, Cosmopolitan Hotel has accommodation styles to suit all needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne - By 8 St Kilda
- Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne St Kilda, Greater Melbourne