Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne
Apartments Ink(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$82
Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda Melbourne(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$100
$91
  • Fitness center
$98
Tolarno Hotel(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$129
$84
  • Restaurant
Abode St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$120
$99
Agoda.com
Novotel Melbourne St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$103
$89
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Rydges St Kilda(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$92
$88
$97
$82
$106
$99
Agoda.com
Quest St Kilda Bayside(St Kilda)(Great Value!)
$164
$89
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
1,640 results
All reviewsluna parkgreat locationdeluxe roomacland streetpalais theatrefree secure parkingoff street parkingacross the roadcake shopspublic transportackland stcar parkreception stafftram linea great place to staywould stay against kilda beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here overnight on a Sunday in mid May. Reception staff were pleasant and welcoming. Free parking on site was available though under cover parking was limited - still secure parking but not covered was fairly plentiful.

On check in I was advised by the desk staff that she had given us a quiet room - a little ominous I thought at the time but given some of the rooms would face the main road, I felt that that was probably the issue. Our room was located on the second floor in the centre of the hotel with a pleasant enough view overlooking a couple of suburban houses and the car park. The bed was firm but comfortable, the air conditioner did not appear to work too readily though we were not concerned given it was ok without it. The window winds open slightly giving us some fresh air for a change. The bathroom was quite small though adequate for an overnight stay. The room was comfortable enough, perhaps a little dated but enough space for our needs.

The hotel itself is located just down from Luna Park at St Kilda and a small walk to Acland Street where there are any number of restaurants and cafes to choose from for dinner - even on a Sunday night. The receptionist had suggested The Claypot - which is at the northern end of Acland Street. We ate there and really enjoyed the different style of seafood menu. Not a bad wine list either.

Breakfast was available at the Chalk café at the hotel and at $15 each was quite good.

The hotel was comfortable enough, the noise though was an issue - we could hear the television in the room next door, their voices and throughout the night, you could even hear the toilet being used - and not just flushed! This is quite unusual these days for a hotel (something more likely found in an old style guest house)and given that it was a quiet night on this occasion (with nothing exceptional happening) the noise would put us off booking again in the future.

Room Tip: Be aware that noise issues exist and perhaps a room WITHOUT a linking door might be quieter. Rooms at rear of hotel perhaps quieter than those facing the road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CosmopolitanMgt, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Cruizin42,

At the Cosmopolitan Hotel we are very fortunate to be located right on the door step of the Acland Street Hub – Thank you for sharing some of your wonderful recommendations of what appealed to you in our local area. It really is a great place to visit! It is equally as great to see you were able to dine onsite in our very own Chalk Cafe!

I am sorry to hear internal noise was a source of discomfort this stay. The good news is our reception staff are available 24/7 to assist in any requests or questions you may have. This includes the possibility of exploring an alternative room appointment, better suited to your needs. We understand that one size does not fit all, and we are lucky to have a variety of room categories featuring very different appointments across the hotel.

Thank you again for staying and for your review.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a deluxe room and were very happy with it. It was spacious, the light (day and electric) was good, nice bathroom, and it was clean and comfortable. The desk staff were helpful with directions and suggestions for dining. The location is good - near buses, trams, cafés and pubs. And it cost less than $115 per night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CosmopolitanMgt, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear TDCofSyndey,

Lovely to hear you were impressed with our Cosmo Deluxe and took advantage of our stay 3 nights and save 15%. Your caption Convenient, Clean and Spacious are all things we aspire to be, and I thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

After countless visits to Melbourne, we decided a stay in St Kilda would make a nice change. Previous tram rides to St Kilda were short and sweet, however unfortunately with luggage St Kilda seemed further away. We arrived at Cosmopolitan long before check-in, and were able to leave our bags, whilst we returned to the city.
Upon our return, room 104 was ready, and we walked out through the carpark, at which time I became very nervous as the quality of our chosen accommodation. The external views of this hotel were very dated, however we were very pleasantly surprised to find our room immaculately clean, and more than roomy enough for three adults. The bathroom is a little small, but as for value for money, this place has it.
I only had two small gripes...the passwords for the free WiFi, did not work. I didn't bother to follow this up. Also, upon check-in my credit card was charged the price of the room plus $100. Whilst this is fairly standard, I became annoyed on check-out, when I settled the account with cash, however was told that a fax would need to be sent to the bank to have the money refunded to my credit card. The shoe store I returned shoes to were able to swipe my CC and refund money immediately, so I'm not sure why the Cosmo St Kilda could not do the same.
Will stay again in the summer time, when I can enjoy the warm evenings along the St Kilda waterfront.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
CosmopolitanMgt, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Rosalie,

I appreciate you giving us a try and thank you so much for your review!

Our Cosmo Studio rooms are quite popular with couples and families (of 3) as they are equipped with a mini kitchenette and have an alcove to sit and relax. Thank you for highlighting our rooms cleanliness and the spaciousness.

It’s a shame we were not afforded the opportunity to provide another Wi-Fi pass or assist you in connecting to our Wi-Fi. Our reception staff are always more than happy to assist with any queries pertaining to this complimentary service.

At the Cosmopolitan Hotel, we (like the shoe shop) are able to refund purchases. Regrettably pre-authorisations (that are not used for settlement of your account) do require confirmation to the bank for a same day removal. We are always happy to assist with this also, and honestly speaking they can arrange this for you within 24 hours. For the benefit of other readers we also offer for guests to pay upfront Cash/Eftpos with a security deposit which can avoid the above process.

Rosalie, was a pleasure having you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the summer time!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is our second stay at the Cosmopolitan St Kilda. Both times we have been in a family room. First we were in room 301 and this time 304. Although 301 is a fair bit bigger, I would prefer 304 as it is much quieter. That is the only reason. I hate being in a hotel that is so noisy you can not sleep. It is actually the backpackers across the road that is loud. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms modern and cosy. 304 has a lovely balcony with some lovely views above the St Kilda rooflines.

And we would still like to thank the lovely guest/s that found my sons wallet with his birthday money in it and gave it to the very nice girl at reception. At one stage I thought we were going to have an hysterical 8 year old on our hands. Thanks kind stranger!

Room Tip: 304 lovely quiet family room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CosmopolitanMgt, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Hapasi,

Lovely to have you and your family stay with us again and delightful news regarding the wallet – Cheers kind stranger indeed.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We just spent the weekend it a Cosmo twin room at the cosmopolitan hotel in st kilda (3 adults, 1 2.5yo, 1 9 month old).
Based on other reviews I knew that this room was in the "older" part of the hotel and that there would be noise from the club across the road. While these things were true we felt that the hotel offered excellent value for money (we paid $110/night).
The reception staff were fabulous and went out if their way to help us, the room was pleasant and clean and parking was free! The location of the hotel is great - acland st, the beach and Luna park are only a few minutes walk.
The cafe downstairs serves a buffet breakfast which isn't amazing but sufficient for the $18 you pay.
Highlights of our stay were the endota day spa, the Mexican restaurant across the road and "95" for outstanding coffee.
I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
CosmopolitanMgt, General Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Mrspmagoo,

Transparency in the style of accommodation we offer is important to us and I am delighted you agree we offer great value for money!

Rooms starting at as little as $90 a night ranging to 2 Bedroom Apartments sleeping a family (or Party) of four. We really have something for everyone and the best part is you do not pay any more for Parking or Wi-Fi, it's FREE!

Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms cleanliness and our team attentiveness. It's always a pleasure to share the positives with my team.

Thank you again and see you soon!